The American Thompson Association Show and Shoot-2016

Congratulations to Ron Brock. He is the new President of The American Thompson Association. The organization is in good hands. A big thank you to Past President Chuck Schauer (gijive) for his guidance during the past three years.

I'd like to thank Tom Davis for the kind words. He could have had more to say, especially since in the semi-final round of the steel plates competition I failed to hand him his magazine loaded with twenty-five rounds for the magazine change portion of the shoot, and may have cost him the competition. I'm grateful that he is a forgiving guy and a good friend:-)

Had a great time. What words could you say after seeing Tracie's collection!! It's amazing to me that he was able to find, let alone acquire everything. So many good displays and great people!

It's good to be able to meet forum members. Put a face to screen names.

The shooting was fun! Doing a mag change on a Thompson quickly is not easy. I'm going to have to make a drop pad for a couple mags and get a lot of practice!

A big thanks to Tracie and his family for the great time!

Chuck,

No apology necessary. It was my responsibility to make sure I know where my extra magazine was located. We were both out in that hot sun all day being range officers so thinking straight left us both hours earlier :) David Allen was the winner and the fastest on the steel plates. He is always a great competitor. It was fun watching Keith give David a run for his money in the final round!

Again, this event is so much fun. Those that have not attended do not realize what you are missing. Did you notice the picture of the Charles Fischer drum? Or the 1st Edition AOC handbook? The owners of both would gladly let you take a closer look and answer any questions you may have. And then there was those two Savage Commercials. These were but a few of the great items on display.

There was so much "stuff"... I did not even see Roger's Fischer drum!

Excellent weekend and we look forward to many more. Especially since I saved so much ammo...

Great shooting Dave and Tom. Setting the bar very high for all of us!

If you want to see more pictures, there will be a write up in an upcoming TATA newsletter. If anyone has good pictures, they tell the story the best, please send them to me and I will add them to the 300+ I have to choose from.

Michael.d.wank@gm.com

Thanks,

This was the first show I have attended and I enjoyed every minute. Thanks to the Hill family for hosting the show, finally got to meet some of the members of the boards face to face. Thanks for the warm welcome for the new guy, it was well worth the trip out to see some items I have only seen in books up to now. I'm looking forward to next years show and shoot the great displays; the information and knowledge obtained at this years show on anything related to the Thompson was great.

Andy

Here is one picture of my display.

0722161508b.jpg

This was the first show I have attended and I enjoyed every minute. Thanks to the Hill family for hosting the show, finally got to meet some of the members of the boards face to face. Thanks for the warm welcome for the new guy, it was well worth the trip out to see some items I have only seen in books up to now. I'm looking forward to next years show and shoot the great displays; the information and knowledge obtained at this years show on anything related to the Thompson was great.

Andy

Here is one picture of my display.

Andy,

We enjoyed meeting and talking to you, and are glad you came to the show!

All,

No one has mentioned the great "surprise" that Tracie unveiled during the "show and tell" lecture session. Did anyone take a picture of it? It was truly awesome!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

Looking at all the pictures and comments makes me wish I was their this year. Have got my personal problems in order and hope to attend again next year. Allways a great time.

Frank

Do you want full size as shot or do you want them resized?

Excellent weekend and we look forward to many more. Especially since I saved so much ammo...

If you want to see more pictures, there will be a write up in an upcoming TATA newsletter. If anyone has good pictures, they tell the story the best, please send them to me and I will add them to the 300+ I have to choose from.

Michael.d.wank@gm.com

Thanks,

Mike,

Newsletter quality. So resizing them should be fine.

If they are not too big you can send then full size and I can do that when I finish up the write up.

Thanks!

Do you want full size as shot or do you want them resized?

Michael.d.wank@gm.com

Thanks,

Yes Sir Bill, we all are looking for this elusive mount ....

Somebody with a top of the line machine shop might be able to make one of these "fairly" easy, I would think.

You have to wonder how beefed up was the floor of the side car was to support the weight of the mount as your running down the roads back in the day. I would guess even the suspension of the side car had to be beefed up to handle the extra weight.

We forgot to mention the beautiful coin that Tracie had minted for all the attendees...It commemorates the 25th Annual All Thompson Show and Shoot, and also the 100th Anniversary of Auto-Ordnance. sure to become a collector's item...Thanks, Tracie!

100 yrs ao.jpg

25 yrs-2.jpg

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com