Help Identify Stamp

I'm in the process of purchasing a Savage M1a1. Could you help me identify the "A" stamp. Is this part of the Frank J. Atwood stamp? Sorry for the bad photo.

http://home.comcast.net/~ralfdog/Savage/MG/rec1.jpg

Ok, I think I got it fixed.

I can't understand why my picture keeps dropping off. I went to see why it went away and my entire folder on my server was missing. Maybe it will stay this time.

So could this be the Frank J Atwood stamp, with the FJ missing?

That's what it looks like. Some were stamped very lightly. Even the GEG in the circle is about half stamped. But that would be the right place for the FJA stamp. Here's the one on my M1.

http://mikesmachineguns.homestead.com/files/FJA_GEG_stamp.JPG

Thanks, Mike, for the affirmation. This is one of those arsenal refurbished ones. It had the A-1 "X"ed out and a M1 bolt installed. No matching serial numbers. Also someone refinished the wood with a glossy lacquer. I guess it's not too bad for a PD gun. I sure won't be afraid to shoot it. As I get more information about it, I'll let you guys know.

that's what mine is. It started as a M1A1, but when the B&O PD got it the A1 was XXX'd out and the M1 bolt put in. Does yours have any arsenal marks on it? Mine has "MR" for Mt. Rainer on the buttstock. Mine is #511626 so I believe it was around 1942-1943 make. Some other photos of mine are here other M1 photos and crap

What is the number range on yours?