The American Thompson Association Show and Shoot-2016

TATA Logo.jpg

Greetings fellow Thompson enthusiasts:

I am posting information and the application for the 25th Annual All Thompson Show and Shoot to be held July 22 and 23rd, 2016 in Granville, Ohio. Tracie Hill and his family graciously sponsor this annual event where you will see some the nicest Thompson Submachine Gun collections in the United States. This is the 25th year that the Hill's have hosted this event.

If you are a Thompson enthusiast and don't even own a gun you are welcome to attend. Even if your membership has lapsed or you aren't currently a member of The American Thompson Association you can fill out the attached registration form and add a line stating "New TATA Membership Dues" ($40.00) and send the completed form to Tracie Hill at the address shown in the application.

I would encourage all members of this board, new and old, to attend the 25th Anniversary Show and Shoot and display their collections. Novice Thompson collectors will discover a wealth of information about the Thompson Submachine Gun and will enjoy meeting other members that share their fascination with the most recognizable firearm ever developed. The Saturday morning shoot is a great time as well as the fast and furious "Steel Plate" competition that always draws a lot of excellent shooters. There is also a "free shoot" on Saturday afternoon where members are always willing to allow others without a Thompson to shoot one for the first time.

It is a great weekend to share "Thompson talk" with fellow enthusiasts and you will meet several of the authors of the respected and informative Thompson books that have been published in the past few years.

Please complete the attached form to reserve your spot at The American Thompson Association 25th Annual Show and Shoot this July, you won't regret it. It is important that the Hills get a count for food and beverages and tables for displays. If you are even thinking about going please get your reservation in ASAP.

Sincerely,

Chuck Schauer

President

2016 TATA Show and Shoot Information & Schedule.pdf

Edited by gijive

I will be attending again this year and looking forward to it! A great time and I enjoy conversing with everyone. I plan to have my Colt Thompson 21A Replica/Display model finished to bring with to display also this year; hopefully PK will get enough time to finish my Colt replica Controls and I should be ready. Looking forward to it guys! See you there!

Edited by Kocapuff1

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to attend. I have the paperwork filled out but have not had a chance to get it sent in due to recovering from Knob Creek.

Got Uzi,

Hoping to see you there.

Lets just say that the trip back from Knob Creek was no fun due to food poisoning.....I-71 is no place to be sick.

My paperwork should go out next week for the show and shoot. I have some interesting toy Thompson's that are NIB you might like I'm planning on bringing down along with some real guns too.

I sent in my registration to Tracie on Monday. I encourage everyone to seriously consider attending, and to send in their registration now. This is going to be really fun, and it's one you don't want to miss!

David Albert

dalbert@stirmgewehr.com

Alright boys. I have my room booked to TATA. Cherry Valley Lodge may not be the same. Kind of like a few years at the Granville Inn. Now to print out a paper and send it to old T.H. Now to try and figure out if I want a table or two.

And I'll be at the NRA in Louisville next month.

Alright boys. I have my room booked to TATA. Cherry Valley Lodge may not be the same. Kind of like a few years at the Granville Inn. Now to print out a paper and send it to old T.H. Now to try and figure out if I want a table or two.

And I'll be at the NRA in Louisville next month.

Well, now that Mike will be there, it's official that a fun time will be had by all...at NRA, and at TATA! Can't wait!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• Upvote 1

The wife and I plan to attend if we can fit the dates in our schedule, can someone PM me the details of securing a firearm if I bring one.

Thanks, Andy

The wife and I plan to attend if we can fit the dates in our schedule, can someone PM me the details of securing a firearm if I bring one.

Thanks, Andy

PM sent.

Got Uzi, did you stay at the Gold Vault? Seems there were a lot of sick people there.

Dave Albert, did you stop by Greg Fox's tables and show him a Thompson horizontal fore end with checkering on it?

Yes, that was me.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 2 months later...

The founder of The American Thompson Association (TATA), Tracie Hill, asked me to post a last call for those wishing to attend the 25th All Thompson Show & Shoot this year (July 22, 23, 2016). Contact me via PM and I will get you in. But please act fast as it is very important to have a accurate head count for attendees.

This is going to be a great show & shoot. If there is any way you can make it...

I look forward to the show and meeting a bunch of you guys!

Sadly, I'm not bringing the Colts since we are flying in.