Accuracy Question

Sure I posted about accuracy concerns, but that was the old board. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif Anyway this should really get you thinking.

Finally got my barrel removed (thanks for all the suggestions) and the rifling looks to be almost the same as on the replacement barrel. It is making me wonder if the barrel is really the problem.

The blish lock was wearing on one ear and I thought it may inhibit the adhersion and the bolt may be opening prematurely causing varying pressures and causing some accuracy issue. I did replace the blish lock and spring and this actually helped accuracy a bit, but definitely not what is expected.

With the barrel off and the bolt closed I would expect the face of the bolt to be centered within the opening where the barrel would fit but the face of the bolt is down a bit and you clearly see more space above the bolt and almost no space below. Do you see this too when the barrel is removed?

What other parts could be causing accuracy issues?

This weekend is the big test, a new barrel, bolt and actuator will be swapped out in the hopes I can regain the accuracy it once had.

Hi Jim,

I believe you said you had a 1928A1 correct? Did you check the dovetailed front sight on the compensator for alignment. If it was ever removed and replaced, sometimes that can be an issue. Is the compensator crudded up? Are you using factory ammo? Is there a difference between factory ammo and reloads if you use them?

Just some thoughts as long as you were inquiring. Let us know how the new barrel works.

Yes, its a 28A1.

The compensator is clean, results are the same with 2 different reloads and factory ammo.

I probably should also include that its not shooting low and to the left, but rather as I aim for the middle of a 20x20 piece of paper (about 100 feet away), I can see the bullet impacting the dirt to the left of the paper, right, high and low. It is very sporadic.