Kahr T1 Lower disassembly

Hi everyone.

Its been a while since I've posted here. My Thompson has suffered a breakage of the rivet on the trigger. I just finished replacing the bolt, extractor, and fitting a new firing pin. (still punching straight through primers even with a new bolt and firing pin.....) Somehow I still want to try so fix this thing. I'm having trouble finding a guide on how to take apart the lower. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

8yecnpky8yo01.jpg

Edited by nw00738

The safety is held in place by the pivot plate. Pull down on the back end where it touches the safety and pull out the safety. The pivot plate can now be slid to the right releasing the trigger parts. Simple.

I'll give it a shot. Thank you!

keep us posted on your progress im curious as to what is causing it to punch holes in the primer. i had one of my guns that was close to doing that and i replaced the firing pin the new one seemed to have a bit more metal on it where it it stops it from going too far forward

At this point I'm really not sure. This is my 3rd firing pin and second bolt. I've also tried cutting the firing pin spring. I'll try to update this weekend. I'm currently waiting on a new trigger assembly.

This has been my nemesis for the better part of a decade. http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16436

IMG-20220619-122315123.jpg

Edited by nw00738

keep us posted on your progress im curious as to what is causing it to punch holes in the primer. i had one of my guns that was close to doing that and i replaced the firing pin the new one seemed to have a bit more metal on it where it it stops it from going too far forward

The safety is held in place by the pivot plate. Pull down on the back end where it touches the safety and pull out the safety. The pivot plate can now be slid to the right releasing the trigger parts. Simple.

Just wanted to post an update. After following Deerslayer's advice everything went smoothly. I think the rivet on the trigger broke years ago when my previous bolt lost an extractor. The extractor did not cause the damage, clearing the jam caused by the extractor did.

Left: broken trigger assembly. This was causing the bolt to jam very hard on recoil.

IMG-3111.jpg

IMG-3109-1.jpg

I'll post an update this Thursday when I have a chance to fire it. I added some light pull springs (mostly for testing atm) and checked the firing pin with a primed case. Still going straight through. It makes me wonder if the chamber is not to spec.

The firing pin is designed to protrude extra far and cause the gun to jam if the trigger disconnector is removed. Because of this it does have a fair chance of punching right through the primer in any given situation.

Ah ok. In that case, I'll try to ignore it and put some rounds through it it this week. Thanks for the insight.

• 3 weeks later...