World War Ii Canvas

Today I visited a friend to get some parts for my M38 Jeep. I knew that my friend was in the business of making reproduction canvas for a lot of the WWII items, but I had no idea of the fine quality of his products. He supplies the movies (Band of Brothers, Windtalkers, Saints and Soldiers, and a whole lot of others) with authentic canvas products for vehicles and personnel. I picked up a 50 round drum pouch and it is just like my original WWII pouch. You would think that it is NOS. It puts the others on the market to shame. I also got a pouch for the 30 round Thompson Mags. It is just like the original, no individual pockets, just one big pocket that holds six 30 round Thompson mags. There are two diferent kinds of these pouches, as the two original manufacturers each made theirs a little different from eachother. He manufactures both perfectly. He uses the original manufacturing specs and his copies are excellent, like the real deal. If anyone is interested in these excellent reproductions (can I use that word on this forum without causing a problem?) let me know and I can get them for you. In fact, everything Canvas from WWII they make. Mark

Yeah, post his info on here. If you can post a picture or 2 of what you got. If he has a web site, post that and I'll post it on my site as a link.

Lionhart, I picked up a couple of the 21/28 style carry holsters. They look just like the original that was at the creek. I got to pick the ones I wanted, so it did help. Some of the cases had a lighter trim on them. I laid one of mine down next to the original the guy wanted $1100, and they looked nd felt the same. The older one was a little darker, but that could be from the age of the material.

I did a little homework since my first post regarding this canvas. My friend (Ray) does not have a website, but a guy in Calif. who sells some of Ray's stuff does have a website: (WWIIimpressions.com) But, I didn't see the 50 round drum pouches listed on his site yet.

Ray doesn't want to mess with anything less than bulk orders, but he will sell to me in whatever quantity that I want. So, you can purchase from the guy in Calif. who has the website, or I can probably save you a few bucks if I buy them directly from Ray and then sell them to you.

I hope this is helpful to those of you who were interested.

My email is marklayton@aol.com and phone is (801) 226-6106

Thanks, Mark

Hey all, who Mark is talking about is American Patrol Company (AKA "A.P.Co") They certainly make the finest canvas reproductions on the market. I have ordered from them in the past and am sure I'll be ordering from them in the future. Like Mark said, usually they only deal with bulk or wholesale, however they also ship to individuals. I called them up one day and ordered a Thompson ammo bag and they shipped it right out. Great quality. You can also call them up and request to order a catalog as well. I believe it is a family home business, so during business hours you can reach them at 801-568-9189.

As much as I like WWII Impressions and do business with them (I currently have a M42 jumpsuit coming), I wouldn't suggest ordering APCo gear from them as the prices are somewhat higher. If you want gear from APCo, order it here: http://www.jmurrayinc1944.com/www/gear.htm

J. Murray is currently selling APCo gear at wholesale price, so it's currently the best place to go to get web gear. If you are thinking about getting a Thompson ammo pouch, I personally would suggest getting the "BOYT" version.

Another great guy to order thompson pouches from is Herb Zamar. He makes incredible rigger-made canvas pouches. Both ETO and PTO. You can view his various thompson pouch designs here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/hzamar/album...zamar/my_photos

I have also ordered several items from him and it has all been exceptional.

Jaron