Pulp Fiction Thompsons

Hey,

If ever there was a movie with the flavor of the 30's Rust...

I think I saw Chris in a scene!

Zamm

Not 'Pulp Fiction,' but I noticed another TSMG scene hidden in Hollywood this afternoon. In the movie 'The Sandlot' there's a scene where one little boy is telling the "new kid" the legend of "the Beast" (the local junkyard dog) and the police in the sub-story are carrying TSMGs to protect themselves from "the Beast." It seems TSMGs show up in the least likey movies sometimes.

Also one in Ed Wood I just noticed last night. It's in a scene when Bela Legusi goes off on Boris Carloff. It's hanging on the wall in the back. Of course when I said "Hey looks it's a Thompson like mine", my wife just gave a heavy sigh.

From Hemingway's TO HAVE AND TO HAVE NOT. Anyone know if this scene was accurately portrayed in the 1945 movie with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall?

http://btobsearch.barnesandnoble.com/books...displayonly=CHP

Caution: Insensitive language below.

The first thing a pane of glass went and the bullet smashed into the row of bottles on the showcase wall to the right. I heard the gun going and, bop, bop, bop, there were bottles smashing all along the wall.

I jumped behind the bar on the left side and could see looking over the edge. The car was stopped and there were two fellows crouched down by it. One had a Thompson gun and the other had a sawed-off automatic shotgun. The one with the Thompson gun was a nigger. The other had a chauffeur's white duster on.

One of the boys was spread out on the sidewalk, face down, just outside the big window that was smashed. The other two were behind one of the Tropical beer ice wagons that was stopped in front of the Cunard bar next door. One of the ice-wagon horses was down in the harness, kicking, and the other was plunging his head off.

One of the boys shot from the rear corner of the wagon and it ricocheted off the sidewalk. The nigger with the Tommy gun got his face almost into the street and gave the back of the wagon a burst from underneath and sure enough one came down, falling toward the sidewalk with his head above the curb. He flopped there, putting his hands over his head, and the chauffeur shot at him with the shotgun while the nigger put in a fresh pan; but it was a long shot. You could see the buckshot marks all over the sidewalk like silver splatters.