Looking For PD's With Vintage Tear Gas Guns For Sale

I recently acquired a vintage Federal Laboratories 201-Z Tear Gas Gun from a police department who saw this forum, and approached me about selling their item so they could purchase some extra practice ammunition for their officers. I am a collector, and my interest in Tear Gas Guns is derived from my main interest in the Thompson Submachine Gun, and its connection to Federal Laboratories, who was the sole distributor of the Thompson from about 1932 to 1940. So, I'm also a Fed Labs collector, and my interest extends even further into general law enforcement weapons and other devices of the 1920's to 1950's.

Since purchasing the 201-Z, I have received inquiries from 2 others with similar interests who would like to acquire Tear Gas guns for their collections. I also know several others who share these interests. We are collectors, and more than likely will never shoot the guns, but instead will study and display them in our collections.

I'd like to put a general callout to other law enforcement agencies who may have old Federal Laboratories Tear Gas Guns, or Lake Erie Chemical Company Tear Gas Guns, or any other similar vintage devices that may be available for sale. If I don't purchase them myself, I can probably put your department in contact with a collector who will give the item a good home. In these days of stretched municipal budgets, it could be a way to help fund needed items by disposing of old equipment that is probably no longer used.

Please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address below, and I will see what I can do to put you in contact with an interested buyer.

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David you might check with NTOA.org (National Tactical Officers Association) to see if they would let you submit an ad or informational note to their organization news letter / web site. These are the guys who get to use special weapons these days and may know whats hanging around in their armories not being used. One of my former Deputy Chiefs is a past Exectutive Director. Some of the current NTOA members may be members here as well or may at least visit parts of the site from time to time.

• 3 years later...

Just in case anyone has not seen this...I know folks today who are looking for Fed Labs gas guns...particularly the Pittsburgh marked guns. If you are a PD who wants to sell one, or if you know someone who has one, and might consider selling it, they would go to good (collector) homes...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

As a side note, I finally closed the deal on a nice Navy Overstamp, a period L drum and period XX mags.

All of it was still owned by the original PD that purchased the Navy in 1934.

The cased gas gun was the first posting in the Tear Gas Gun Section in 2010. A Blast From The Past.

It's been a long time coming.

Darryl

Edited by darrylta
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Low end, maybe $250, and high, maybe $450. It depends if it has a case, and condition. I put a buyer and seller together at $350 recently for a Fed Labs Pittsburgh 1.5" in good very good condition without case within the past year.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewher.com