Need Some 50 Round Drum Help

I bought one of the Taiwanese L-drums from Numrich, and at the time the general concensus on the Board was they should be greased. I greased mine and it works fine, although that's anedotal evidence. Admittedly, the grease is more of a long-term maintenance item; I doubt a lubrication problem would show up in the near term, greased or not.

I ordered one of the Cosby repro drums from Waffenmieister ( spelling) and my question is does it need to be greased or can they run with out grease? I hope my question makes sense...

It will run as is, without grease.

For anyone's info.

I make my own Red CLP in 5 gallon batches, keeping it in a pail with a beta lid and using it as a dunk tank -strip the gun, drop parts into the basket and clean as I remove each part.(I will provide recipe in a new post if anyone wants it) So I have always just used that on drums and mags too. Drums = remove cover, drop three pcs and soak.

Brush with parts cleaner brush, rinse with a battery acid filler (with rubber bulb) and let it drip. Dry with rag and it's clean and lubed.

Used this stuff in the guns too....great lube.

Never had a bit of wear in any drums or mags and they run in cold weather too.

Grease is okay but slows the rotor in cold climes and causes misfeeds.

I have shot corrosive ammo too and no problems....great rust protection.

Edited by john