PPSH 41 C&R Search

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 83Baron

83Baron

• Board Benefactor
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

Good to know about the conversion kits working well. The ammo issue is a point, but with a mostly ww2 collection, not going to shoot it all the time, and 900 rpm! I think I can stockpile a little tokarev for those occasions. They are just cool, guess the ppsh 43 couldn't live up to its counterpart.

But that would also be a neat acquisition Huggy. I have a nice example of an mp43 that a senior couple had sitting around their house wrapped in rags. Heard he was an electrician and back in the 60s took it as payment for some work from the guy who brought it back.

Edited by 83Baron, 13 January 2017 - 08:56 PM.

#22 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2787 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

lots of guys here have M3's and MP40's.......so your Soviet gun would fit right in perfectly......something i would like is a M1 Garand...i regret not buying one 25+ years ago when my friends got theirs through the CMP for $500(or was it less?)....they were very minty and i only got to shoot it once.....hoping the S. Korean M1's come through and prices go back down to earth.....i would love to own one.....id rather have original/beat up than a re barreled one

i havent seen the sgt 44 in 20 years(ive held it as a child), but i heard the son talk about it a couple of years ago, so i know its still there(in the closet)...i assume its got a stamp and could be reactivated(once again assuming its a dewat).....finding the missing bolt may be a problem with parts kits gone(removing the bolt tells me maybe its not a dewat)......when the dad dies i will bring up the subject....i would love to own that weapon.....the grandfather was in WW2...so dont know if its a bring back or something bought out of a catalog in the 60's

Edited by huggytree, 13 January 2017 - 11:09 PM.

#23 83Baron

83Baron

• Board Benefactor
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

If there's a ww2 vet associated with it there's a good chance it's a rare find. Overall, there seems to be more people growing collections rather than selling, but they are investments after all. You don't see as many authentic ww2 guns for sale as you did 5 years ago. Probably just more people getting into the hobby.