Price Ranges For The Different Thompson Models?

Hello,

I guess this is my first post. I had to re-register after i forgot my username and password. didn't post much before though. lurked mostly.

after looking through a lot of the posts here, I see some people asking about the price range for one type of thompson and then someone else asking about the price range for a different type. I though i would try and get a single thread that has the price ranges of all the different Thompsons. Probably the easiest way would be by model. aka, the Colt 21, Colt 21/28, WWII 1928s (could sub it down to the different makers if there is a big difference), WWII M1, WWII M1A1, WH 1928, WH M1a1, and if you wanted the aftermarket ones, ie Pearl, etc. i think that is all the "models". i figure this would be easier to have all the "price ranges" in one thread.

thanks

Craig

Craig:

Welcome back!

The issue of prices is addressed to some extent in the FAQ at the top of the page. Of course, they are only approximate.

From my experience the latest (asking & getting) prices are as follows:

West Hurley 1928 (non-C&R) - $8000

West Hurley M1 (C&R) - $8500

Reweld/Pearl/Various (non-C&R) - $8000-$8500

Bridgeport 1928 (all variants C&R) - $10000-$15000

Bridgeport M1 & M1A1 (all variants C&R) - $10,000 - $15000

Colt 1921/1928 (all variants C&R) - $15000-$20000

The ranges on the WW2 or original 21/28s are dependent on condition, features, originality, and any applicable history

Bryan

http://www.darklightimagery.net/thompson/bryan/bullet%20close.jpg

Was the Pearl that just sold from the Bowers Board a Dealer Sample? If so, it's not applicable to the general public.

I believe the list above is intended to reflect transferrable, not Class II/III Dealer and Law Enforcement/Export only pricing.

I also believe the list above may well be (unfortunately for the would-be buyer) conservatively low.

The Pearl on the Bowers board appeared to be a fully transferrable. The seller did not indicate otherwise. The seller indicated he was going through a divorce. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/unsure.gif The buyer may be in for a suprise if the divorce court entered an order enjoining the seller from disposing of any marital property pending further order of the court. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif Lets hope it works out for the seller and the buyer.

I saw that auction when it first came up, the price was pretty wack both ways imho to high for dealer only to low otherwise.... Maybe I shulda gone for it.... Oh well live and learn....