Photo
* * - - - 1 votes

Morphy Auctions: Dont think twice its all right?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Old Motorcycles, Sharpes Rifles , Thompson Machine Guns

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:23 PM

Waiting tor form 4 approval is never fun but if your dealer is as good as Morphy watch out.Last October i bought two machine guns at there Fall auction (  10-30-11-2) .Both were C&R eligible and supposed to transfer directly to me?!? Well paperwork showed up 12-10-2018 with obvious mistakes on both Form 4's. 28 Thompson was a Savage Gun and the form 4 stated Thompson as name of maker with no address. BAR was not as bad because they at least got the manufacturer correct with Marlin-Rockwell but again NO address and it is listed as 30 for Caliber. Calling ATF this morning I get the report that both guns have had error letters sent to the seller.I was concerned in December but everything was okay?         

#2 mattnh

mattnh

• Regular Group
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:All things NFA...

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:36 PM

I would contact Morphy and request to talk to the person that handles NFA.

#3 bmarvin

bmarvin

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:12 PM

Myles Welsh is my point of contact on ATf transfer at Morphy

myles.welsh@morphyauctions.com

#4 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:18 PM

Thank You I called Morphy this morning and left a message. If Morphy has to go back and correct Form 4's, any idea how long that would take? Do the transfers start all over again?  

#5 MG08

MG08

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 491 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:27 PM

The info on the forms may be how it was registered. they cannot change it, or it will not be approved.  Once you get the gun transferred to you, then correct the info on the forms with BATF.

#6 Frank Iannamico

Frank Iannamico

Website Founder & Industry Expert

• 1239 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:23 PM

Waiting tor form 4 approval is never fun but if your dealer is as good as Morphy watch out.Last October i bought two machine guns at there Fall auction (  10-30-11-2) .Both were C&R eligible and supposed to transfer directly to me?!? Well paperwork showed up 12-10-2018 with obvious mistakes on both Form 4's. 28 Thompson was a Savage Gun and the form 4 stated Thompson as name of maker with no address. BAR was not as bad because they at least got the manufacturer correct with Marlin-Rockwell but again NO address and it is listed as 30 for Caliber. Calling ATF this morning I get the report that both guns have had error letters sent to the seller.I was concerned in December but everything was okay?         

Since dealer transfers on eforms began all  types of odd manufacturer's are being listed. I have several Thompsons, they all list "Thompson" as a manufacturer. Others just say form 1 or form 2. I have an NESA PreMay BAR that has Auto-Ordnance as the mfg. None of my inventory on eforms has an address. This is causing a lot of concern for customers, but its nothing to worry about.    

#7 Sandman1957

Sandman1957

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1156 posts
  • Interests:Submachinegun NFA collecting
    History
    Scuba Diving
    Hunting

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:19 AM

Normally when corrections have to be made you are very close to approval.  

#8 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2290 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:36 AM

Also, IIRC your paperwork does not go to the bottom of the pile, so to speak. It sits waiting for corrections, then goes out right away.

#9 Roland the Thompsongunner

Roland the Thompsongunner

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:I am into motorcycles both dirt and street. Musclecars, and WWII reenacting and weapons.

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:36 AM

I had one kicked back a few years back for an error and it came back approved not long after so I agree with the above statement that you are close to approval

#10 Roland the Thompsongunner

Roland the Thompsongunner

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:I am into motorcycles both dirt and street. Musclecars, and WWII reenacting and weapons.

Posted 09 November 2019 - 06:37 AM

You do not start over in the process. Dan

Edited by Roland the Thompsongunner, 09 November 2019 - 06:38 AM.

#11 huggytree

huggytree

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 2801 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Guns, Work

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

Ive had many kicked back

I always have a stamp in hand within 2 weeks

Once they have the correction it should be days until approval

#12 MrBill

MrBill

• Board Donor
  • 223 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Good News Thanks I am supposed to deliver the BAR to the Phoenix SAR show in less than four weeks.Too much stress for this old man!