Jams mg34

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ryo

Ryo

• Regular Group
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 10:29 PM

Why don't you post the video of the issue so people can see?

I don't think it will blow up on you unless it can release the firing pin when open..

Idea to try is to put a 3M double sided tape and add some type of interference metal block or anything pointy to deflect sideways (try different geometry objects). This way yousee if you can see the brass deflecting more to the side and you can at least enjoy your MG34 a bit.

#22 junglewalk

junglewalk

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 474 posts
  • Interests:Photo, is of the newly finished 'Gold Vault" 1937, the day the gold arrived on trains, to be moved into the Vault building...Note the Thompsons & shotguns.

Posted 27 March 2021 - 10:42 AM

For what my experience is worth:> I had the TNW MG-34 in the past for years, it was ammo sensitive, and I shot thousands of rds of Romanian 8mm thru it......Then, I went thru the process of shooting only 8mm blanks that I made......and used the gun battle after battle, as long as I did not change something...(with two-piece blank barrel , and shortened recoil spring)

...............Then I bought a FA, MG-34, and applied the same things to this gun as I had for the SA........I do shoot other live 8mm ammo thru it, if it cycles well........also, with 2-piece blank barrel for blank-fire, it runs like it should.(using a shortened recoil spring; the blanks do not need the full force of the full spring)

...............One thing though:> I got all the parts needed for conversion to 308 live & blank firing for the TNW-34.> It never, no matter what I did, functioned , reliably with either// I was so frustrated on the range all the time cursing & trying all tricks.!...I gave that up, and went back to 8mm.

..............When I went to the FA MG-34, and placed all 308 conversion stuff to it, I tried like hell to get it to function like it does with 8mm, and I never succeeded live, and some-what ok with brass Austrian 308 blanks.....I gave up and set aside the 308 parts, and only use 8mm blanks that I make thru it..........keep trying.

#23 Ryo

Ryo

• Regular Group
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 03:03 PM

Maybe I'm just lucky because my FA MG34 runs with different brands of 8mm surplus (Yugo, Romanian, German) and it runs the BRP 308 conversion with Malaysian 308 without a problem. For the 308 conversion it was a new pawl (which is also compatible with the 8mm), booster, barrel, and feedtray adapter (sizes down of OAL to 308).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jams, mg34