Range Report On The M1

We had a great time yesterday at the Leona MG shoot. Got to really put the M1 Savage to the test. Had absolutely no trouble other than having to cull one bad mag (wore out mag catch hole).

Me and a few friends including Kyle took turns at it most of the day. I could not be happier with it. We ended up going through about 800 rds of good old USGI surplus (which I immediately cleaned up as soon as I got home).

What a great gun! makes me want to sell other stuff and buy another one.

Maybe Kyle can figure out how to post those pics he took to show y'all.

I'm having a little trouble with my other computer or I'd try to get them in.

Happy 4th everyone!

Really wanted to make it to that shoot but 2 of my buddies, Eric Wilson and RYan Holder were not going to be able to make it either and I new I was going to need some down time to tinker with the Vicker gyuh as we go through adn cahange caliber conversions- Whe I am decded the headspace is correctl I will be off and running. still locky for a loader plate is a good one-one from Guliile. wehre do you habng out and shoot I am in round rock abn dont;' konw if other ranges all Fahere for even a little bot of time.

Mark

Mark,

I bet that Vickers is a hoot to shoot! A friend has a an old Maxim we've been threatening to drag out for a go.

The Leona shoot was great. A lot of different stuff - including several nice Thompsons.

I'm up in E TX near Tyler.

Tex,

USually I meet Ryan and Eric out there at Keith's band away with Ryan's Maxim, Eric's Minimi and my 42. Just getting the Vickers setup in 8mm and I wasn't really ready or able to make it up there. DId Chris have his AM180 bullet hose out there? I ran a drum through it last time and had to find one too. Maybe my WH 28 will be in hand next go around. I least with the WH and the 180 I think I can go to an outside range around herer and not hear too much grief.

Mark

I saw a guy with a very short AM180 but did not get to speak with him. There was just so much to see and do - and shoot! This years turn out was even bigger than last years. Looking forward to going again. Heard rumor that sometimes they do it at New Years also?