Police Barrel and Stock Values

huggytree

grabbed a Reising parts kit yesterday. I plan on keeping most of the guts, but plan on selling the barrel and stock as they are police and i have a military

barrel is blah, looks good from the outside, inside? maybe just needs some cleaning or maybe its blah...where do barrels start out at price wise?

if its not a repro what does a mint police stock sell for?

I bought it for all the small spare parts....ive got some of them, some i dont......if you see something you'd be interested in...especially if its police specific it may be for sale for a reasonable price.

wBhUS4Z.jpg

Edited by huggytree

The stock looks like a Numrich "replacement" stock.

I bought one back in the '90's as my original has a chip, & I didn't want it to get worse.

Mine does have a plastic buttplate with H & R markings.

Most likely no sling swivel holes.

Edited by GUNGUY45

I kinda figured the stock was NOS or repro as it looks so nice...

anyone notice what appears to be missing threads on the front of the barrel. Any chance they made m55 barrels with 28 fins? I can find a few pics but most have the military barrel

i wont have it in my possession for a week or so, but will take better pics of the stock when it arrives..

Edited by huggytree

I kinda figured the stock was NOS or repro as it looks so nice...

anyone notice what appears to be missing threads on the front of the barrel. Any chance they made m55 barrels with 29 fins? I can find a few pics but most have the military barrel

i wont have it in my possession for a week or so, but will take better pics of the stock when it arrives..

Now that you are a Reising owner you need to buy Frank Iannamico Reising book. Yes, H&R made 28 fin Model 55 barrels. I would expect it would have the P proof and an additional letter stamped on the collar if a military 55 barrel. Might be why the Gunbroker seller referred to the grouping as Model 50/55 parts.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1

PM sent....i really just want to trade for a NOS military barrel..

no one seems to know exactly what the m55 barrel is worth....ive gotten an estimate window which i think is most likely correct....id rather swap it than put it on GB

M55 barrel--its the real deal. Bore isnt perfect, but its a time capsule...im trying to trade for a NOS military 14 fin barrel or $300 shipped...i dont know value, im guessing with a few peoples help. If no one here wants it im tossing it on GB.

p6vexql.jpg

7vDAGBJ.jpg

P8bT6FH.jpg

2tH6Gbl.jpg

6a7Zn3P.jpg

RhTDxUw.jpg

A3809PA.jpg

zF8dFNw.jpg

Edited by huggytree

The stock looks like the replacement I got from Numrich in the '90's.

It has the same plastic H&R buttplate.

Mine works just fine on my 29 fin blued gun, 38,000 S/N range.

I don't know if you could drill it for the cross bolts, but I would assume you could.

i figure keep the stock..its a brand new/flawless stock...if mine ever cracks i can swap it out vs trying to find a new one....

can this stock be turned into a military stock? can the bracing be added? would anyone be able to tell the difference once all the old parts were put on this new stock (besides the stock looking like brand new)

my Reising i believe has a new stock on it anyways...its flawless pretty much.....the gun is pretty minty, but the stock looks brand new....at a minimum it has to be refinished