L-drum Restoration Help Needed

I picked up a New York address L-drum today at a gun show that needs help. Someone milled out the center of the slide plate (which has Auto Ordnance on it) on the side opposite the wind key. The only reason I can think of would be to possibly mount it on a M1A1, but I am not even sure this would work. The front slide plate on the drum cover which has the winding instuctions on it has a bit of wow in it and needs to be straightened. Has enough surface rust on the top cover that refinishing it would be a plus. It would need to be refinished anyway once a patch is welded on the slide plate or what ever these are called. On the plus side, the drum internals are in good shape. Any suggestions on a drum restoration doctor?

that merle guy in oregon everybody talks about,i guess,and andrewski i am sure would fix it.........tiffany arms would do the best.but do you want to wait three years to get the drum back???and of course i am sure p.k. can do something for you............

remember after you do all this and that to it.its a shooter drum,and never will be a original finish colt drum.........

so don't get too crazy in the restoration price and fix-it problem's............

but everybody need's a drum.except the m1a1 guy's.......they get off cheap don't they..........maybe thats the "magic" of the m1 series...........no drum's......and the expense and labor pain's..........wink!!

take care,ron

good luck in whatever you decide and do!!