• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mondabottle

mondabottle

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

The Reising I just got will only fire Semiauto even in full auto position. New to Reisings what should I look for?

#2 n64atlas

n64atlas

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 236 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

Can you post pics of the barreled action out of the stock?

#3 mondabottle

mondabottle

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

Found the problem.. Was missing the spring in the sear post..

#4 mondabottle

mondabottle

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

Guess I didn't solve the problem..  What is happening in full auto it will fire a round eject the spent round and load fresh round but does not fire. You can pull the trigger again but nothing happens. You can  eject the fresh round manually  and it will fire but with the same results. Seems to work fine in semi auto..  What should I look for?   Any suggestions on who could repair it.  Have plenty of replacement parts.

#5 emmagee1917

emmagee1917

Long Time RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1836 posts
  • Interests:All USGI WW2 firearms and acc.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Sounds like the hammer is following the bolt forward rather than being held to the rear till lockup . When this happens the hole in the hammer sits over the rear of the firing pin , keeping the bolt from tilting up into the locked position as well as preventing an out of battery detonation .

If the hammer stays to the rear after the first shot , then it is not being released . Check to se if the hook drops down into the slide to be pulled forward to release the hammer . Sometimes the selector arms can be bent , causing the hook not to drop far enough to snag the slide.

If you go from full to semi without retracting the slide a bit to the rear , you can bend the selector arm , but this usually results in FA fire in both the full and semi positions .

Chris

#6 mondabottle

mondabottle

Long Time Member

• Regular Group
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Chris I will check that and let you know. Wont be for a couple of weeks though..