New M1928 Buffers

I just received a pair of reproduction buffers for my M1828A1 for the D.H. Melton Co., 1221 Del Rio, Ave., Tempe, AZ 85282. These are $6 each, delivered. They are of a slightly flexible translucent materiel, and fit quite nicely as the dimensions appear to be pretty close to the originals. I'll post a range report here shortly. My last original buffer was getting really ratty! The composition of these is unknown to me, but appear stronger than sorbothanes.

What is the thickness and diameter of the buffer?

You say you got two, do they instruct you to use both?

Pk - I purchased a couple several months ago for my 28 and they work fine. No, you only use one. Melton also make a handle for spreading the spring which holds the selector and safti in gun. It's of a hard fiber type materal which will not mar the receiver. I have fired over a 1000 rounds after installing in gun and can't see any wear.

I looked at his site. For the $6 he mentions above it looks he is talking about 1928 buffers.

The site indicates one is needed so I am guessing he bought one to use and one as a spare.

The 1921 buffer is $22 and the site says it is a two piece set.

I am curious how they work

Hi, PK, Dimensions for the DH Melton buffer are as follows: diameter 1" even, thickness 3/16. Pilot hole fits the pilot shaft exactly. Got one for a spare, as the writer above suggested, violating my own rule: should have gotten one to use, one to lose, AND a spare!

Melton was at the S.A.R. 2002 Show in Phoenix with his wife and they seemed like a real nice folks. He had a small booth with suppressed weapons, supressors and his Thompson Pivot Tool. I bought one and it works just dandy! He told me that after lot of use the squared edge might get dulled over, but it can easily be brought back to life with a round file.

Randy

For anyone with a 1919 BMG - I purchased a linking machine from him and it works great. Saves a lot of time linking ammo. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif