Donations to Machinegunboards.com Very Happily Accepted!

Machinegunboards.com Members,

Before getting into the donation details, I want to say that I truly appreciate the unwavering support I've received since I took ownership of the board in 2008. I am humbled by the generous contributions that are made by many of our members. This board has the best membership of any board that I know.

I hope you enjoy the Thompson board, and the many other forums that make up Machinegunboards.com. These forums are unique sources of extremely valuable information. The board's personality has been developed through the tens of thousands of posts over the years, and I think almost everyone here recognizes how unique this board is when compared to other gun boards.

I could use a few donations at the moment to help pay for the quarterly dedicated server, bandwidth, and other upkeep charges. I really appreciate any donations that are made to the site.

For those who would like to donate, I have the following donation groups available:

Board Donor:

You choose the amount you wish to donate (any amount from $5 up to $49.99), and you will have the "Board Donor" group label appear by your name on the left hand side of the screen for a 2-year period. You will see your group name change as soon as I log the donation. You will have an "L-Drum" appear in your member information pane, visible to others.

Board Benefactor:

If you wish to donate $50, you can become part of the "Board Benefactor" group, which will make the "Board Benefactor" group label appear by your name on the left hand side of the screen for a 2-year period. (You may donate more if you wish) You will have a "C-Drum" appear in your member information pane, visible to others.

Thanks in advance for your donations towards the maintenance of the website. I don't want anyone to feel pressured into donating. I set the 2-year timeframe on the subscriptions so that they will have a reasonable end date.

Becoming a "Board Donor" or "Board Benefactor" does not grant any special privileges; it only changes your group name assignment, and hopefully provides you the satisfaction of contributing towards the maintenance and improvement of the site. All board rules still apply to all members, no matter to which group they belong.

You do not have to donate to enjoy this website. However, if you would like to donate, I appreciate it. The main way to donate is through PayPal.

To donate through PayPal, you can forward a donation (include your board name in the title) to me at the following e-mail address:

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

If you would like me to send you a PayPal invoice, which can make it easier, just send me an e-mail. I tried to make a PayPal direct link, but it just won't post correctly on the site, for some reason.

For those who do not like PayPal, for whatever reason, you can e-mail me, and I will forward you a physical address to mail a check. I will update your status upon receipt of the check.

Your suggestions for the website are always welcomed. Again, donating to the website is not required, but it is appreciated very much.

Thanks In Advance!

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Thank you very much for all donations, and particularly the ones from the the last two days from Bridgeport28A1, Normal1959, and Devious6. We have great members here on Machinegunboards.com! You are all definitely appreciated.

Thanks Again!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

• 4 weeks later...

David, Just sent a donation.

I want to thank you again for allowing me to sell the loaders on here. Every time I think nobody else is going to want one the members here surprise me and I sell 6 in 24hrs...

It's cool to think of 43 of them being all over the U.S. now assisting in many many rounds of fun!

Thanks for all you do for us here!

Jon

Edited by 06AngusSG

• 2 months later...

Donation sent. Thanks David! To say that this board is great is an understatement!

Thanks again!

Andrew

Andrew,

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Your donation is very timely. The board could really use donations at the moment, to help pay the bills...

Thanks!

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com