Mk5 stock on Mk2 Sten

I'm planning on slapping a mk5 stock on my T stock mk2. I've seen a few folks done it, so I'm wondering if there's any fitting issue I should watch out for? Is it awkward to handle?

Couldn't help myself photoshopping an example to see how feasible it is:

post-262144-0-74532800-1557003075_thumb.jpg

Edited by iKaBanana

Yes,

they fit fine generally speaking (other than the potential for a sloppy sten build that could require minor fitting). That would be the butt stock only, the small vertical grip requires a space at the end of the tube where the trigger group was moved slightly forward to accommodate that. I think it's the nicest option for the gun, and if you can find all three wood pieces and modify a gun it's the preferred platform IMO as far as ergonomics. The butt stock alone is a major upgrade, plus you get a spot for cleaning accessories!

Thank you that is good to know. I am planning to swap out the buttstock only anyway. Main reason is I want it to look apart. Not really too concerned about handling honestly, as the spartan characteristic is what makes a Sten. I just wanted to make sure if you could actually grip the Mk5 stock without the pistol grip. Edited by iKaBanana

Yesterday I tried a MK5 stock onto a MK3 & MK2 STEN.
It wasn't even close to fitting on the MK3.
You would have to remove a good bit of material on the metal "tab" on the MK5 stock to get it into that slot on the Mark 3.
It was a real tight fit going onto the MK2.
I had a bit of trouble getting it back off!
As noted above the Mark 5 stock is a bit chunky to get your hand around, unlike the "T" stock and the skeleton "loop" stock.
I am sure there are variations on the Mark 5 stocks, different suppliers, etc. I just tried one I had on hand that has a flat metal steel butt plate.

Richard

Anyone selling just the stock ? I did a search and only found the stock w full parts kits

Also it has a hook At the bottom. No mods needed to add this stock ?

APEX sells the MK5 stock assembly.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/machine-guns/sub-machine-guns/sten/sten-mk5-wood-buttstock-w-hardware.html

I didn't have to alter the hardware on the MK5 stock I tried to allow it to fit the Mark 2 STEN (it was a tight fit!)

However, as we know, there are a LOT of variations/differences in STEN parts.

You may have to do some file work.

Richard

i grabbed one..2 left! now...hard to find stock...it didnt come up under a Sten Mk5 search...had to type in Sten Stock for it to come up.....ive wanted one of these for a while...ive got 2 stocks for my sten and both fit well...so hopefully this one will too...i know it may need custom fitting...

grabbed a few more parts from you while i was at it...

thanks!!!

stock came in today...very nice shape...wood finish has age to it, no rust...very pleases Apex!

holding it to my shoulder and pretending there's a gun attached sure seems awkward though.....my gun is about 1 month until its out of NFA jail...so ill have to wait and see...

stock came in today...very nice shape...wood finish has age to it, no rust...very pleases Apex!

holding it to my shoulder and pretending there's a gun attached sure seems awkward though.....my gun is about 1 month until its out of NFA jail...so ill have to wait and see...

I am glad to read that you are pleased with the stock that you received.

There appear to be several variants of the Mark 5 STEN wood stock.

I observed two types of top mounted sling swivel.

Butt plates are either flat steel or the shaped gunmetal (bronze) type.

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

The Mk5 stock looks nice but the LOP is rather short (12"). Shorter than the other stocks. I have long arms so it matters to me.

I took a stock from a Soumi parts kit, cut it down and did some welding work on a stock end plate from Indianapolis Ordnance to make this creation. The LOP is 14" and with the pistol grip it is by far the best stock of all. I never use the others now. Something for your consideration. No doubt other stocks could be used to make something up.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoezsIp5lWORgkdr8j8bPmrd2bff?e=TCeD0K

I also fitted a Soumi barrel and jacket just for fun. Really changes the STEN into another gun but of course the weight is getting up there.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoezsIp5lWORg2DvPdbE0QcskgOP?e=plC3pv

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...