Price of Vickers?

16-18K go with a Nice VSM gun if you can find one or a bit higher for a C&R gun... 54R conversion is definitely needed, as good 303 is long gone...

My 2 cents

PTRS

Charlie

WPA now makes .303 and it can be had for less than $8 a box. No need for surplus corrosive 54R when there is modern non corrosive 303 available.

WPA (Wolf) .303 BRITISH 174grn FMJ 20rd Box
4.7 star rating 6 Reviews
Item #: AW303FMJ174
$7.95
  • Buy 14 or above and pay only $7.69 each
Edited by bigbore

16-18K go with a Nice VSM gun if you can find one or a bit higher for a C&R gun... 54R conversion is definitely needed, as good 303 is long gone...

My 2 cents

PTRS

Charlie

AGREED on the gun suggestion(s) and ammo. For me personally corrosive is a non-issue...but if that is a hinge issue, Wolf also has non-corrosive 54r which is slightly cheaper than their .303. Notwithstanding that 54r is slightly cheaper...the bigger advantage IMO is with the belt & belt loader system available to the 54r. The slight premium in price for .303 might be worth it for that user who already has a bunch of cloth belts and some sort of loader...for the brand new user, it would be infinitely easier and more cost effective to go with 54r, with all the plentiful cheap PKM belts and loaders out there.

Edited by hkg3k

Thank you very much for the suggestion everyone! 16-18k is fantastic to hear! Id love a C&R gun, but Ive learned slowly that it just doesnt really matter. If it runs 100% and is half the price, Ill gladly take a side plate gun. Ill be sticking with .303. Im a fan of that caliber and have a lot of it. I have Bren and Lewis as well that shoot it. Thanks again everyone. I was wanting to stay under 20k and it looks like when the time is right, I should be able to do that.