Wwii Russian Repack Ammo

Does anyone know where to get any of the U.S. WWII Russian repack .45 ammo? I have not seen any in quite some time. The stuff is dirty but runs perfectly. Centerfire Systems and Clearview Intvestments are both out. Not intrested in the steel cased stuff.

QUOTE (Chopper28 @ Oct 8 2005, 10:25 AM)
The stuff is dirty but runs perfectly. Not intrested in the steel cased stuff.

I found that the brass cased Russian repack .45 was fairly clean, at least when compared with the steel cased WWII GI ball. I've burned quite a bit of both and have found the steel cased ammo to be completely reliable and as new looking as the day it was made.

I'll generally take at least one spam can (600 rounds) to the range, and shoot it all. The dirt really cakes on but the deposits are soft and the gun is easily cleaned. I only wish I'd bought more of it!

To my mind, the only drawback to the WWII USGI steel cased .45 is that the cases are not reloadable. You might reconsider it as stocks should continue to appear on the market from time to time. I recommend it.

I tried to shoot some of that polymer coated Wolf last week and it just would not feed reliably in my gun. And it has had a total going over by PK so you know it was done right. Any brass case stuff runs perfectly in it but the steel case stuff hangs up.

As far a cast bullets go the lead buildup in the comp is a bitch to get out even if you use the comp spray.

I've been shooting the polymer Wolf in both my Savage M1 and M3 Greaser . Not having any problems so far .

I have to admit that I wondered why I would shoot the corrosive primed surplus when I can buy new non-corrosive for the same money ? I didn't buy any for that reason . I realize that it's just a matter of cleaning , but I took the easy way out . Just lazy I guess http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I shot thousands of rounds of Russian Repack. I wish they still had it. My Thompson NEVER misfired a single round. You can even see pictures of this ammo in Frank's second book on the Thompson.

(Remember Phil, reloading is a hobby, you cant really save any money doing it unless you shoot 5000 rounds a year or more http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif )

I'll second the response of lead properly used and lubed doesn't crud the bore too much with one ceveat; velocity. If your mello things are fine, when you play Elmer Kieth and load the thing to the gunwhales, lead WILL fill your bore, comp, etc...

BB