Repair of 1927 firing pins

This is precisely why I previously asked earlier if West Hurley bolt assemblies are a drop-in fit with the Kahr receivers. There is simply quite a bit less protrusion of the actual striking point of the firing pin than that of the Kahr item. The West Hurley firing pin seems much less prone to the type of breakage that I have been experiencing. Naturally, a bolt change needs to go along with the firing pin, as the bolt is different at the face. Are there any other issues accompanying such a change that I should be aware of? In other words, can I expect better performance with a West Hurley bolt assy? Or, is it just a wishful old man seeking a simple, albeit somewhat expensive fix to an engineering problem with the Kahr 1927? When it runs right, I love it, but when it doesn't, a curse be upon these engineers & designers. I know West Hurley's have their own issues. Is this one of them?

This is precisely why I previously asked earlier if West Hurley bolt assemblies are a drop-in fit with the Kahr receivers. There is simply quite a bit less protrusion of the actual striking point of the firing pin than that of the Kahr item. The West Hurley firing pin seems much less prone to the type of breakage that I have been experiencing. Naturally, a bolt change needs to go along with the firing pin, as the bolt is different at the face. Are there any other issues accompanying such a change that I should be aware of? In other words, can I expect better performance with a West Hurley bolt assy? Or, is it just a wishful old man seeking a simple, albeit somewhat expensive fix to an engineering problem with the Kahr 1927? When it runs right, I love it, but when it doesn't, a curse be upon these engineers & designers. I know West Hurley's have their own issues. Is this one of them?

Of the half dozen broken firing pins I have, all have the tips broken off (found & retained). I've never had one break in half. @ 30+ bux a piece, it sure would be nice to be able to repair them.

IIRC, the Broadhead Armory Thompson 27A1 conversion to full auto registered part is the unique firing pin. And the price is somewhat more than $30. I wonder how many of them (there are said to be 25 such registered firing pins) have broken and been repaired.

The Kahr bolt /pin assembly does a better job of supporting the .45 ACP case head than the old West Hurley. This from Diamond K’s Paul Krogh. Deerslayer is right , I have Kahr bolts/pins in all three of my SBR’s (West Hurley 27, Kahr 27 and M1). Work just fine. Have not had an issue with the pins. (Raps head with knuckles).

• 1 year later...