Modern Grease Gun Suppressor

There is someone in Alabama making them but I can not recall his name. I had contacted him awhile back about building one for me but I lost his contact information. $650 sticks out in my mind and he supplies the barrel or $550 and you supply a barrel.

• 1 month later...

I am looking at having one built also. I was thinking about a 5" barrel with a total suppressor length of 12" from the barrel collar and a diameter of 1.75". The suppressed barrel would be about the same length as the receiver tube so it should look balanced. I don't think going more than 13" would look right although the WWII suppressors were much longer. Integral Arms of Baton Rouge, LA is who I have been speaking with.

Anyone have any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

As bad as I want an M3 suppressor (and trust me I want to find an OSS suppressor plus have a new one) I worry about point of aim/point of impact shift. We have all seen M3's change point of impact by simply changing out the barrel, so say I end up getting a suppressor to shoot, I hate the idea of spending the money on it only to have it shoot way off.

As bad as I want an M3 suppressor (and trust me I want to find an OSS suppressor plus have a new one) I worry about point of aim/point of impact shift. We have all seen M3's change point of impact by simply changing out the barrel, so say I end up getting a suppressor to shoot, I hate the idea of spending the money on it only to have it shoot way off.

I have 4 barrels and am going to see if any two shoot the same point of impact. If so, one will get integrally suppressed.

Dan

Cutting the barrel back , threading it , then adding a can on it is going to screw up the harmonics that was there before you modified it .

It will still end up shooting where it wants to .

You pays your money and you takes your chances .

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

We have an integral Ciener suppressor for our M3A1 GL grease gun. Extremely quite. Might want to look into an integral suppressor.

This is what I have for my M3..love the suppressor, him on the other hand....

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I purchased an AWC OSS suppressor from Autoweapons which was worthless. The barrel was not ported and there were no baffles. I returned the unit to AWC which said there was nothing wrong and refused to honor the warranty. Autoweapons would not take it back despite the blatant misrepresentations on its website.

I purchased another OSS suppressor from Nick at Rock Creek guns in AL. It works well. He just rebuilt the AWC piece of garbage.

Marty

San Antonio Arms Company

• 1 month later...

We have an integral Ciener suppressor for our M3A1 GL grease gun. Extremely quite. Might want to look into an integral suppressor.

My only experience with an integral on an M3 is with a friends Ciener. Quiet, well made, good size, point of impact is close to point of aim.

I can buy my friend's used Ciener, which I know works very well, but should I consider one of the other makes instead?

Has anyone here used more than one brand and able to offer opinions as to which is best, and why?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

My buddy in TX has an integral suppressor for his Greasegun that was made by Tim Bixler (SCRC). It works very well.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com sell

I've got a SCRC also. It's the closest to an OSS in shape and weight. The OSS used wipes or packing that quickly went inefficient according to the guy at Paladin Arms who sells the SCRC suppressors. You can still find two of them a week for sale on GunBroker for about $800 apiece. If you buy direct from Paladin they were about twice as much.

I think RatWorx also makes one but they may be out of barrels or more importantly the barrel screw in piece... they can make barrels but Greasegun parts are drying up.

My buddy in TX has an integral suppressor for his Greasegun that was made by Tim Bixler (SCRC). It works very well.

David Albert

I've got a SCRC also. It's the closest to an OSS in shape and weight. The OSS used wipes or packing that quickly went inefficient according to the guy at Paladin Arms who sells the SCRC suppressors. You can still find two of them a week for sale on GunBroker for about $800 apiece. If you buy direct from Paladin they were about twice as much.

I think RatWorx also makes one but they may be out of barrels or more importantly the barrel screw in piece... they can make barrels but Greasegun parts are drying up.

Do you have contact info for the Paladin Arms you are referencing? There seem to be several around the country.

David Albert

Do you have contact info for the Paladin Arms you are referencing? There seem to be several around the country.

A slight error in my memory.. it's actually Paladinarmory.com and 406-492-4570. They show the SCRC Grease gun suppressor for $1,200 on their web site and I think that price is for everyone but be sure to look at GunBroker as they put two a week up for sale for half of that for the initial bid and I've never seen them sell two in a week. So If you bid on one and for some reason someone bids more just let them have it and bid on the other one or wait a week for two more. It's so incredibly effective that the bolt noise can be heard by the range officers 40 yards away as a funny clacking sound with absolutely no muzzle noise from the shooters perspective or anyone close to me. A friend of mine has one and for the first week he owned it he could not get to the range so he shot inside his shop into a 55 gal very thick plastic drum full of nails or nuts and bolts... said he shot so much into the drum he had to switch to another one.

David Albert

A slight error in my memory.. it's actually Paladinarmory.com and 406-492-4570. They show the SCRC Grease gun suppressor for $1,200 on their web site and I think that price is for everyone but be sure to look at GunBroker as they put two a week up for sale for half of that for the initial bid and I've never seen them sell two in a week. So If you bid on one and for some reason someone bids more just let them have it and bid on the other one or wait a week for two more. It's so incredibly effective that the bolt noise can be heard by the range officers 40 yards away as a funny clacking sound with absolutely no muzzle noise from the shooters perspective or anyone close to me. A friend of mine has one and for the first week he owned it he could not get to the range so he shot inside his shop into a 55 gal very thick plastic drum full of nails or nuts and bolts... said he shot so much into the drum he had to switch to another one.

I spoke to him yesterday.

David Albert

I spoke to him yesterday.

You won't regret it... it's so damn quiet that it's eerie... and if you are in a gunfight with your grease gun with this suppressor and you run out of ammo you can quickly unscrew the suppressor and use it as a battle club..

Andy Blaschik at KGB Armory in Florida built one for my Medea M3A1.

The shell looks like a Bell Lab silencer but has modern baffles.

He also built an integral Sterling Mk5 and a STEn MKIIS integral silencer for me.

He used to win everyear at Knob Creek subgun match with a Beretta PM12.

Andy Blaschik

‭(954) 274-6962‬

tacticalacademy@bellsouth.net

2215 W McNab Road

Unit 51

Pompano Beach Florida 33069