Huge WW2 stick magazine stock at Zib Militaria (Germany)

I can't say where they came from, but APEX Gun Parts has a nice stock of 20rd and 30rd Thompson magazines listed on the web site.
They were listed over the last few weeks.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/machine-guns/sub-machine-guns/thompson-45-acp.html?p=3&product_list_limit=56&product_list_order=name

Richard

A followup here. I sent an e-mail to Zib on the 19th, have not heard a thing from them as of yet.

l do not want to post a "bad" link here, I feel responslble ! I really think Zib is serious house.

I wrote to them, answer :"we do answer each email that is being sent to us!"

If using the contact page be sure to not make typo on email address, that could be an explication (?).

• 2 weeks later...

In January I paid for a mauser Schnelfuer 712 10 round detachable mag in England. It got as far as customs in Chicago on Jan 18 and I haven't heard a word since and the tracking number hasn't been scanned any further. I assume now, that I should of had some kind of import paperwork with it.

I have tried a search through USPS and they tell me what I already know. The U.S. Customs and Boarder Protection, (CBP) does not track packages into or out of The International Sorting Center (USPS). I do think that I was supposed to notified by CBC that my package was detained for lack documentation but they have not contacted me and unless they do I will never receive the package, it also has not been returned to the sender in England.

So I know there's got to be someone here that knows what importation paperwork you must fill out to get stick mags into the U.S. I mean they ARE coming in?

MH

Mike, I had the same problem with Chicago customs a few years ago. I googled up a number (don't have it any more) and spoke to a nice lady who found the package, I gave her the tiny bit of info that she needed to advance it's status and a few days later I had it. It could have sat there for years if I didn't call. It's worth a try. If not at least you know that it's a dead deal.

Skoda, I sure wish that you still had that phone number because I'm not getting anywhere with tracking down my mailed package. If it was detained by customs, (CBC) I should have been notified. And it was not sent back to England either. All I get when calling various numbers are taped messages that give you the runaround and lead nowhere, can't even get to speak to a real person. It's long past due to demolish the huge government bureaucracy that we live under and which continues to eat us alive. I'm really fed up with the whole system. and am mad as hell.

MH

Edited by Mike Hammer

MG kits can be easily imported if the approriate destruction to ATF requirements are carried out and import permit 6/6a applications are used by the buyer or a licensed importer is employed. There are airport Customs operations in the US in certain cities, like NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc, where it is unwise to ship any firearms related items regardless of ATF’s oversight of such imports.

Live barrels can be imported with the proper affadavit included attewting that they are for repair and will not be used to manufacture a new firearm. I know seceral importers who have successfully brought in numbers of live MG barrelxs under this exception.

Import is lightly restricted when compared to export, and the obvious items such as whole receivers, live barrels of various sorts, etc. An individual can import using F6/6a which is quite easy to use and will almost guanantee receipt of the items. If the value is significant ofr the purchase, import forms are worth the time and effort.

Keep in mind that under the new EU rules for firearms, many retailers of collector and vintage firearms parts will no longer ship without p

the peotection and documentation through import permits.

TSA considers magazines of every type to be “firearms”, so this kind of thinking will eventually be the baseline for import and then permitting will be required. FWIW

• 1 month later...