Lyman Sights

OK....whos got all the lyman sights??? lol...i need the original real lyman rear sight...where can i find one and what are they going for these days? Finally got me a nice cutts comp....now working on finding a lyman..HELP!

Hi Wolfer,

If you're looking for a adjustable rear Lyman Sight, contact IMA. They had them, item XU1060 for $295.00 plus shipping.

The ones I got were almost brand new! The phone number is 908-903-1200. Web site is www.ima-usa.com.

But the sights are not listed there, but you can get their e-mail address and check-out some other goodies!

Hope this helps you.

Bill

I'll trade a nice 28 smooth barrel for one...i'm not gonna give that much for one...i'll find one cheaper....if i can get $4000 worth of thompson parts for $750 and get an L drum for free..i think i can find a lyman alot cheaper than that...lol....i know its not an original but are the new repro's kahr have anywhere near as good? i'm not above getting one of them until i find a lyman...Thx

I paid big bucks for a Lyman sight earlier this year. Now after shooting with it, I'm a little disapointed. It does look good though.

http://drf.lart.net/guns/WH/clean/125-2510_IMG_sm.jpg

How'd Billy Crystal used to say it? "It's better to rook gewd, thahn to freel gewd"

In tangent mode, I can't even see the notch. I actually aim better with the actuator handle. In aperture mode the ladder rides up (automagically increasing elevation for you) The old WH sight actually worked better. If I did it all over again, I'd get an L sight.

LOL....to me there is no use for sights on a subgun....i can open eyed point shoot better than most people trying to use sights out to 100 yards...my personal opinion on sights on subguns is..either none at all or a ghost ring and theres always laser....only reason i want a lyman is to make my gun "correct" as they call it

WHILE WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT, I `M LOOKING FOR THE SMALL RETAINING SPRING STEEL PIECE ON THE LYMAN SIGHT (lower left hand screw) ON THE ABOVE POST,NICE PIC! TIA. OUT http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Smoker21, try Joe Manazzi at www.keystonearms.com He had some factory springs a few years back and helped me out with my Savage 28. He is a good source for TSMG (and other) parts. He is also a nice, honest, very reliable gentleman. Email him, he will respond.