GSH-23 Manuals

Karl_T

Are you talking about a 23mm, double barreled, Soviet made automatic cannon? If so, I would keep looking on eBay for a Soviet manual. I would imagine they are uncommon, as I've not seen one, though it's out of my area of interest.

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

I would like to see that animation if you can find it. I've looked at your offer for GSH-23 many times. Need to add some big beltfeds to the collection.

I found this book on line "SOVIET CANNON a comprehensive study of Soviet guns and ammunition in calibers 12.7mm to 57mm" by Christian Koll. It has five good pages on the GSH-23 including drawing of how the assembly goes together. The book is 683 pages with a discussion of every large soviet weapon and ammo.

What my dream is a armorers manual for the GSH-23. Doubt I'll ever find it though.

Bob Bowman told me he has about 1K inert rounds. the projo needs to be pulled and then a bushing soldered in to hold a 50 BMG primer, then reload. I'm sure this will be the only game in town. I spent years looking for DShK ammo. Ended up buying rounds where the projo and power was pulled, or a primed empty case. My understanding, regulations prevent import of Russian large caliber ammo.

Edited by Karl_T