New L Drum Purchase

I just ended my search for a 50 round drum at a shop in town that has had one on the shelf for over a year. It is a new in the box, still wrapped up, never had a round in it or much less fired West Hurley production drum. It matches all the specs laid out by Mr. Iannamico's SGN article and came with the customary instruction sheet. I paid $575 for it and was wondering if that ballparks in the right range? They said they sold a C drum a few months ago for a grand, darn! That will teach me to drive by those pawn shops without another thought!

Wow! Sounds like a pretty good price to me, perhaps a tad low even. I'm curious to see if it works. Neither one of my WH drums worked very well, if at all. I got one brand new from Numrich a year ago, and it was horrible! The older one that came with the gun worked some, but needed tweaking. Fortunately, PK was able to tweak them and now they both purrrrr. Don't get me wrong, lots of them are fine off the shelf. Good luck, don't be dismayed if they hiccup, and keep us up to date. Of course, new in box, you wouldn't dare load it now would you?