1921 Actuator and Hybrid Pilot from PK

Top: Colt 28N, bottom Savage . The Colt is a two piece actuator. Another Savage I had made into a 21 by PK. Got it from Omega.

These can be switched around in the Colts without the worry of busting an ear or something.

OCM

133.JPG

Top: Colt 28N, bottom Savage . The Colt is a two piece actuator. Another Savage I had made into a 21 by PK. Got it from Omega.

These can be switched around in the Colts without the worry of busting an ear or something.

OCM

OCM

neither looks like PK's version, is there something missing on his pictures, or is yours till another version, OCM?

Was just showing the 21/28 actuators. A Colt & a Savage. The difference. Seems people were confused on that. Lot don't know maybe the Colt is a 2 piece.

PKs conversion just looks like a 21, to lazy to look for a photo, getting ready for tomorrow.

found a photo, PK's is in the center here, I think, might be my Colt 12AC actuator - But his looks the same. Old photo, hope it's no confusing

OCM

DSCN7351.JPG

Was just showing the 21/28 actuators. A Colt & a Savage. The difference. Seems people were confused on that. Lot don't know maybe the Colt is a 2 piece.

PKs conversion just looks like a 21, to lazy to look for a photo, getting ready for tomorrow.

found a photo, PK's is in the center here, I think, might be my Colt 12AC actuator - But his looks the same. Old photo, hope it's no confusing

OCM

Okay great, that makes sense to me, thank you, OCM

He is being efficient

I've had my own fully equipped machine shop since 1997. I have a degree in mechanical engineering for much longer. I would be very willing to modify one actuator - provided by one customer - for free of charge.

He is not making 1 at a time. He waits until he has a batch and keeps costs down and maybe makes more profit too.

Im thankful he makes them.

. I doubt it would take couple hours to do the whole thing.

He is being efficient

I've had my own fully equipped machine shop since 1997. I have a degree in mechanical engineering for much longer. I would be very willing to modify one actuator - provided by one customer - for free of charge.

He is not making 1 at a time. He waits until he has a batch and keeps costs down and maybe makes more profit too.

yes, but if you have 20 of them + the assembly line process would double + the amount youd be able to accomplish..

im sure for the right price he'd make one for you at a time...might be double/triple...but then i hear he is booked years out on repairs/redo's of thompsons....so maybe he has other things to do.

Edited by huggytree

He is being efficient

He also sends them out for bluing IIRC. A lot cheaper to split that lot cost over 20 pieces than one. Of course if YOU will machine an actuator, blue it and have it back to me in a week for $125 let me know and show examples of your work with references and I will send you a single one to do.

It does not take 6 years to correct a West Hurley, yet people still sign up for this service. Good machinists are hard to find.

Ron

Edited by ron_brock

Shot my 1921 kit today....the speed difference was very noticeable...all my mags worked flawless...the new Taiwan 100 round drum jammed up maybe 10's+...i have not greased it...so i dont know if that was the issue or if these new drums cant handle the speed....it was very enjoyable, but at the end of the day both me and my son agreed we prefer the slower speed..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEKGH9og3s4&feature=youtu.be

Edited by huggytree