Well I finally found one worth buying. This is a West Hurley from 1977, a 1927A5 pistol serial #161 with no P prefix. This has the steel receiver as well. Im not sure if I should modify it by installing a Cutts compensator or just leave it alone. I really like those compensators on a Thompson. It has some of the nicest wood on a Thompson I have ever seen. Now I need to start collecting accessories for it. Let me know what you all think of it. Would it be stupid to spend the money to SBR it so I can install a butt stock or should I look for another one to modify instead?

CaptMax

Ps. Sorry about the orientation of the pictures, my phone isnt as smart as I thought.

post-7323-0-07374200-1582844447_thumb.jpeg

post-7323-0-31610200-1582844472_thumb.jpeg

post-7323-0-79876100-1582844494_thumb.jpeg

post-7323-0-25991900-1582844543_thumb.jpeg

post-7323-0-54680500-1582844581_thumb.jpeg

I didn't think you could have a vertical grip on a pistol, so might want to trade that for a horizontal one instead to keep this from being an AOW. And I'd at least change out the "cheese grater" charging handle. Other than that, it looks pretty nice.

Technically a pistol cant have a vertical grip or a butt stock. This model was grandfathered in much like the C96 broom handle Mauser with the removable butt stocks.

I didn't think you could have a vertical grip on a pistol, so might want to trade that for a horizontal one instead to keep this from being an AOW. And I'd at least change out the "cheese grater" charging handle. Other than that, it looks pretty nice.

nice!!!! I have a west hurley with a 3 didget serial number it was made in the first run. its got a removable stock. its also one of my favorite guns. I had dan block work his magic on it. you might want to talk to him about a modified mag catch and selector switch to hold open the bolt for easier installation and removal of the drum. mine runs like a top! ya done good!