Wtb Parts Kit

I have a nice receiver for a 1928A1 with a worn out barrel and I'm thinking of rebuilding the Gun.

Can anyone help me with a parts kit. I will need every thing except the receiver. will need a new barrel and lower assembly, all the upper parts all of the wood. The receiver has the Lyman sights so dont need those.

This is not a trick question. We can rebuild a full auto Thompson down here, the receiver is already registered and I can obtain the paperwork to import the rest of the parts, usually takes about a week for the "permit to import"

Regards.

www.ima-usa.com

They've got the entire parts set, less the chopped section of the receiver, wood included for $999 plus shipping.

Their phone is 001-908-903-1200. New Jersey (Eastern Daylight Time, same as Washington, DC). They're great people to deal with and have geat parts.

The reference number from their add is XU1929.

Hope this helps.

CJR

Murray,

As they say - do you feel lucky? If so - here is most of what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Note that the high bidder "the mad asparagas" has bid twice, and not yet found the reserve. My guess is this could (should) be had for less than IMAs prices, but it is missing the forend and gripmount (and sight, which you don't need). Strange things do happen on Ebay though. Fun to watch, if nothing else.

Good luck!

Murray--

Although IMA is definitely a good source, you might consider a European supplier. I would think it would be cheaper for you and better for us, in terms of our limited supplies. This is assuming you don't have the same import restrictions as us. Definitely, do everything by the book! Just a point of consideration, wish you well in your project.

I just received the forward parts for a 28 - Bbl, Comp, front wood from IMA - the parts were almost new... blueing outstanding - Condition was outstanding - price was $300.

They say the kits are all just like this - the $999. will not get you a lyman rear sight - just the sheet metal folded sight.

Many thanks Guys,

We picked up this receiver in a Auction a few years ago for about NZ$140.00 (US$80.00) . Some idiot had stripped the gun and sold the parts. The barrel is a bit "poked" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif (thats Kiwi for ruined) hence the need for a new barrel.

The receiver is still registered as a "gun" and thus can be rebuilt.

Again, many thanks and we will see you all at Fairfax in August.

regards

Murray. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Murray, You might look into the guns that are floating around in Russia or Europe. You may be able to get a deal on a complete gun as your import laws are much better then ours where the fcking things came from. Hell we give them away, and can't get 'em back to who they belong to!

full auto--

I was thinking the same thing. Certainly we have a limited supply and once they leave the country they won't ever be back.