Here we go again! Initially called

the new Capone movie now called "
" is due out in May. Those wanting to enjoy a movie for boredom's sake then this should be fine. But for those looking for a history lesson then this movie is a huge dud! Check out the gold plated Thompson!!!!

A picture is worth a thousand words

Mario Gomes

.http://www.myalcaponemuseum.com/2ba515fd0.jpg

Well I may give it a go as Tom Hardy is such accomplished actor but as far as gold plated Thompsons go you have a point.

Personally I loved Stephen Graham as Al Capone in the 2009 film Public Enemies and the Board Walk Empire series.He's a cracking actor.

Although Public Enemies was a bit Hollywood I think it is a great film with plenty of grit,Thompsons and a BAR be them all with mags containing endless amounts of bullets but that's the movies for you.

Robert DeNirio as Capone in The Untouchables is also worthy of a mention in the best portrayal of Al Capone list.

Any other actors spring to mind folks?

• 2 weeks later...

Well I may give it a go as Tom Hardy is such accomplished actor but as far as gold plated Thompsons go you have a point.

Personally I loved Stephen Graham as Al Capone in the 2009 film Public Enemies and the Board Walk Empire series.He's a cracking actor.

Although Public Enemies was a bit Hollywood I think it is a great film with plenty of grit,Thompsons and a BAR be them all with mags containing endless amounts of bullets but that's the movies for you.

Robert DeNirio as Capone in The Untouchables is also worthy of a mention in the best portrayal of Al Capone list.

Any other actors spring to mind folks?

Jason Robards was decent in "the St. Valentine's Day Massacre" even though he looked nothing like Capone.

It never ceases to amaze me how little research these movie producers put into making these films. Either they don't think we'll notice, or they just don't care about historical accuracy. Although entertaining, The 1967 Bonnie and Clyde with Beatty and Dunaway is replete with inaccuracies. Come to think of it, so is every other B&C movie I've ever seen. Lol. The Highway Men does come historically close. I expect the gold plated tommy gives us a pretty good idea about how spot on this new Capone flick will be. Oh well.....They're in it to make money. Not educate. Still....

It never ceases to amaze me how little research these movie producers put into making these films. Either they don't think we'll notice, or they just don't care about historical accuracy. Although entertaining, The 1967 Bonnie and Clyde with Beatty and Dunaway is replete with inaccuracies. Come to think of it, so is every other B&C movie I've ever seen. Lol. The Highway Men does come historically close. I expect the gold plated tommy gives us a pretty good idea about how spot on this new Capone flick will be. Oh well.....They're in it to make money. Not educate. Still....

There is another Bonnie and Clyde movie out there. A bit more accurate in that they have BAR's. (BAR action at the 44 minute mark)

It's on YouTube and worth a look. Even has Bonnie injured in the car crash.

Edited by jpw43