90 Is About The Right Number>>>

a dealer i was talking too does business with a guy in TX who supposedly has about 70 thompsons. the dealer says all Colts. thats just hearsay though.

kinda like the surgeon in my state who collects Armalite 01s, said to have 12+. all mintys. again hearsay.

Craig,

If this guy does have 70 Colts in his possession right now, he has done an excellent job of keeping all 70 transactions classified information, since there are no published paper trails linking him to this vast collection. But if there does indeed exist such a critter, he gets the horse's pitute award for hoarding.

http://www.westernfirearms.com/wfc/default?set=01

This is the site for Western Firearms, owned by Nick Triolta (SP?). I live just a few miles from his business, but have never been by. Don't want to fall in love with one of his guns .... Anyway, he has a photo with about 30 Colts, he says. Another page says it's a "Thompson Museum," but it was blank when I clicked. Must be down or under construction. FYI.

Yes Ron I bought a 1928 Over Stamp from that guy in Pa. and yes he let me see his collection . That was 7 years ago talk about going to Thompson heaven . Over 30 Colts and 3 -1927's he told me he bought one the 27's from you. There were at least 15 other models also . He likes to keep a low profile ??? Wink Devine

Ron:

On the 1927 from Curtis Earl sold in Phoenix a few years back, you wouldn't remember a serial number of that would you? I have one in transfer from that area and I'm wondering if thats the gun I'm getting.

Mark H

P51Mstg@aol.com

Mark:

I sold Colt 1927AC #5190 to a Tampa area collector about 6-7 years ago. It was an 85% gun with original semiauto parts intact. I believe it was resold to someone in Arizona - could it be that one? There aren't many of these around.

Greg Fox