Helping A Friend

Helping a friend sell his collection. Two of the guns are in the NRA exhibit.

COLLECTION DESCRIPTION

Gun #1

Colt Thompson 1921 AC SN#7582

Original Hardcase (FBI Style)Acquired as a not destroyed original Hardcase from the FBI L Drum Magazine (Colt) 4 - XX Colt Patten Date Magazines Colt Nickel Oilier Reproduction Cleaning Rod Hamilton County, Illinois Sheriff's Dept Shoulder Patch FBI Patch for the Hard Case History of gun supplied

Gun #2

Colt Thompson 1921 AC SN#147

Original Hardcase (FBI style)

L Drum (Colt)*

4 - XX Colt Patten Date Magazines

Colt Nickel Oilier

1 Colt "L" drum serial # matches gun serial #147*

1936 Original TSMG Handbook Signed by Lt.Roth Cleveland P/D

3 - Cleveland Badges (1 Elliot Ness connection pending) Cleveland P/D shirt patches.

* There are two Colt L drums with this gun.

Gun #3

Colt Thompson 1921/28 Navy Overstamp SN#12086 Original Hardcase (Very Rare Police Style) 1 Colt L Drum Gray Parkerized* 4 - XX Colt Patten Date Magazines Gray parkerized* Colt Nickel Oilier

Reproduction Cleaning Rod

Charleston SC Shoulder Patch Nashville, TN Shoulder Patch *Parkerized by RAMO a company that made M2 Browning Machineguns in the Nashville area for a time.

Gun #4

Savage made Thompson 1928 A1 SN#S340079

Reproduction Hardcase (FBI Style) by Terry Williams

L Drum WWII era Bridgeport*

4 - WWII era Bridgeport XX Magazines

WWII era Wrinkled Black Paint Oilier

Reproduction Cleaning Rod

Atlanta, GA. Federal Reserve Bank Patch

Call L.J. Warren @ 706-225-4298 Tell him you got his information from Bruce on the Thompson Board. His guns have not been advertised as of yet.

WOW, Bruce...that is a staggering collection!....come on lotto....good luck with this,I would hate to see it separated,I have played with 3 digit Colts before and they are truly unique... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

It's great that Mr. Warren is allowing these TSMG's back onto the market so others can have an opportunity to own them. Since these weapons are in the catalog and their conditions are fairly well represented in the photos, it will be interesting to see what prices are being asked for each example. Has anyone contacted him and found out the prices?

At first, prices were not posted as to not discourage anyone. Prices are as follows:

Package with Colt 1921 Gun #0147 $42,000.00

Package with Colt 21/28 Navy gun # 1286 $35,500.00

Package with Colt 1921 Gun #7582 $35,000.00

Package with Savage 1928A1 Gun # S340079 $21,000.00

Bruce

Full Auto, I wondered that too. There is always a turning point whenever someone parts with such prized items. I also enjoy knowing that these treasures still are available for someone with enough money. Wished this was me! I'd love to see pictures, if anyone comes up with any.

Mike

LJ was quietly on the market at the show. I believe some people had already expressed interest in a few guns. Expressing an interest and buying are two different matters though. I know of one member who had an interest in #147 back then.