• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#81 Player_To_Be_Named

Player_To_Be_Named

RKI Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 03:14 PM

Batching applications from the same Transferee only makes sense.  Businesses generate profits by weeding out waste in operations.  'Merican way.  The bureaucrats need to learn this but  sadly have little inclination to do this.

#82 Frank Iannamico

Frank Iannamico

Website Founder & Industry Expert

• 1522 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 07:06 PM

I just bought a machinegun from a dealer  (in Tennessee) and he E filed form 3 to my dealer (North Dakota) on 3/17/22 and it was approved 3/18/22.  He shipped the gun yesterday (3/21/22)  and it should be at my dealer 3/24/22.  I will E file form 4 when it gets here. 

U D

Looking forward to your efile form 4 results!

I have 2 form 4 paper in December 2021 and will be 2 e file March 2022.  I post the results.

My local gun shop is small, but Class III.  He investigated eFile and said that you have to buy a "system" to make it work because the photos, prints etc. can't just be scanned but have to be sent in some sort of proprietary file format for eFile.  The latest cost of such a "system" is about $5,000 according to him.

He asked me to ask you which or what "system" your North Dakota guy is using to do your form 4 transfer - if you wouldn't mind sharing that.

Thanks,

Eric

System for efile?  You can upload regular jpeg photos you can take with your phone, as far as fingerprints there is a cover letter to send in paper fingerprint cards.

You can also get fingerprinted for $40-$45.00 they send you a file. You cannot open the file but it gets uploaded on eforms.  This link for electronic fingerprints, they will give you locations near you 

https://appointment....ason?ClientId=0

#83 Varminter

Varminter

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 10:01 AM

My form 4 stamp (paper) arrived Saturday.  8 1/2 months.

#84 Rekraps

Rekraps

• Regular Group
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:WW2 circa open bolt SMG's

Posted 11 May 2022 - 07:31 AM

Just last week I received 5 stamps, all handled by the same reviewer. It took one year and two weeks!

#85 Rabbit57

Rabbit57

• Regular Group
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, gun collecting, military history, reloading, and hiking.

Posted 23 May 2022 - 11:18 AM

I was checking the internet on NFA information and came across this report.
I have a buddy who told me that the crazy wait times for the form 4 was due to the large number of silencers being sold. He may be right, I don't know. But if you go to page 13 of the report, it shows the very large rise in the number of form 4s being processed. Interesting stuff.

https://www.atf.gov/...report/download

#86 Gio

Gio

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 746 posts
  • Interests:Guns
    Harley Motorcycles

Posted 23 May 2022 - 04:48 PM

Rabbit57,

Thanks for the ATF report posted. I thought it was very informative.

Frank

#87 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1399 posts
  • Interests:"Easy money, faithless women, red-eye whiskey for the pain"

Posted 04 June 2022 - 05:23 PM

Paper Form 4 transfer to an SOT:

Filed March 4

Approved May 26

Stamp received June 4

E-filed Form 4 from the same SOT to me

Filed Feb 21

Finger print cards received Feb 24

90 days was May 25

awaiting approval

Edited by StrangeRanger, 06 June 2022 - 06:13 AM.

#88 ranger1385

ranger1385

• Regular Group
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 June 2022 - 06:18 PM

My CR Thompson took a little over a year.  

#89 colt21a

colt21a

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 4305 posts
  • Interests:Everything IN GUNS AND HISTORY

Posted 05 June 2022 - 05:24 PM

I remember 40 years ago 30 days on all of it.And you could call the examiner and talk to a real human get answers, and have it faxed. Sure today i understand many more thousands buying selling and all guess what want the answer to that update the freaking system for all. And a check box if n.f.a. already >has guns and cans {and its a good guy } and not been arrested and all taken away.  approve it and done.

But i understand it would take common sense and some brains to get all that figured out. And they don't want it all out there anyhow. Because they work against us. So we just pitter patter all a round it to say bless me father can i have another. welcome to a blessed 2022... Old Man Rage.

#90 Mikenmick

Mikenmick

• Board Donor
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2022 - 04:05 PM

Spoke Friday with atf, 13 months to the day check was cashed, two takeaways first my application is "pending", second they have approved eforms sent in December and they now have priority over paper form 4 (go figure) frustrating to say the least, additionally, I was informed once approved the atf can take an additional 45 days to send the tax stamp, so hypothetically if approved on Monday I'm still a month away meaning 14 plus months this is crazy

#91 giantpanda4

giantpanda4

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2515 posts
  • Interests:Mechanical toys - cars, instruments, and of course - guns. The 1921-28 thompsons are the epitomy of perfection for a mechanical device that fills all my interests!

Posted 18 June 2022 - 06:20 PM

I have a gun I sold on a C&R Form 4

in September, buyer's check sent in and cashed in November, and stamp showed up yesterday! That was fast! 8 months... buyer did recently ( a month prior to purchasing my gun) also purchase a Vickers, It showed up a month ago too. Could be that purchase streamlined his paperwork this time around. 

Edited by giantpanda4, 18 June 2022 - 06:20 PM.

#92 Rabbit57

Rabbit57

• Regular Group
  • 116 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, gun collecting, military history, reloading, and hiking.

Posted 22 June 2022 - 05:15 PM

I got my ATF form 4 approval today. The ATF charged my credit card on April 4th, and I got the approval today. My form 4 was kind of a hybrid, I eFiled the form 4 but the fingerprint cards were cards that were done by hand, with ink. Less than 3 months. I am pretty excited, Christmas in June!
Mark

Attached File  Mark with the Thompson M1.jpg   203.63K   35 downloads

Edited by Rabbit57, 22 June 2022 - 05:16 PM.

#93 Mikenmick

Mikenmick

• Board Donor
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 02:03 PM

Finally, approval today after 14 months, looking forward to many fun days at the range, at least over the last year I've been able to purchase spare parts, mags, etc. Now I'm waiting getting back a 21 style actuator I sent off to PK last year a savage knurled actuator going thru his process

#94 Varminter

Varminter

• Regular Group
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 02:25 PM

Some UPS stores do the electronic fingerprints,  I did this two months ago. They'll send you the file, forward that with your eFile app.

#95 Rimcrew

Rimcrew

• Board Benefactor
  • 223 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 09:53 PM

Ive had Form 4s take as long as 12 months, and as little as two months - in the past two years.

I used the e-forms system for a can back in January. It was supposed to take 30 days, just got approval last week, right at six months.

They do what they want to do, when they want to do it. Its best to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised when the call comes

Edited by Rimcrew, 30 July 2022 - 09:58 PM.

#96 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1184 posts

Posted 31 July 2022 - 09:35 AM

A couple days ago my Dealer left me a phone message that my paper Form 4 for a silencer on a trust was back.  Right around 14 months from the time the check was cashed.

#97 StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

RKI Member

• Board Donor
  • 1399 posts
  • Interests:"Easy money, faithless women, red-eye whiskey for the pain"

Posted 09 August 2022 - 12:36 PM

Yugo M49/57 on a Wilson tube

eForm 4 filed and Visa debited 21 Feb 22

FP cards received in WV 24 Feb 22

eForm 4 approved 9 Aug 22

166 days from receipt of FP cards

169 days from filing.

So 24 weeks vs. 51 for my last paper Form 4. I'll take the improvement as a plus even if it's nowhere near the 90 days they have set as a target.

#98 Bridgeport28A1

Bridgeport28A1

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 1669 posts

Posted 09 August 2022 - 02:29 PM

I just wish NFA branch would have prioritized the paper forms 4 that were in the NFA system prior to a Form 4 becoming e-form eligible. The paper form 4's were the only option available pre e-forms and they now seem to be an after thought with 12 months being the average time for approval with some paper forms going over 400 + days.

Edited by Bridgeport28A1, 09 August 2022 - 03:02 PM.