Richardson semi receiver gun for sale

We have a unique gun here. I originally built this from one of the rare Richardson semi auto receivers (he only made a few I believe). It's standard semi auto receiver height.. takes a kahr type bolt. As a steel receiver I built it into a pistol, which would make it more unique as the current kahr crop of pistols is aluminum. Unfortunately it's been damaged at some point after I made it. And the guy I made it for has passed away so I can't tell you why it's in the condition it's in. I'm trying to help his wife dispose of a few of his guns.

The main damage in need of repair is the back side of one take down rail. It's partly torn away from the rest of the receiver.

Its fixable I believe and I would be willing to work on this gun after a sale, but I wanted to separate current value for his wife from future gunsmithing work.

It is listed in my bound book as a pistol with me as the manufacturer.

I wanted to generate a little discussion here first.

David has given me permission to post this. I'll probably list on GunBroker soon.

20190615_083024.jpg

20190615_083049.jpg

20190615_083056.jpg

Dan,

May I suggest you post a picture of the frame and an asking price "as is."

Regarding the repair, would it be possible to just mill off the damaged piece or part of the rail? It seems like a very small part of the rail.

The trigger frame is badly chopped..

You'd have to mill off about half of the length of the rail, the split runs that far. I think there would still be enough rail left for normal function if you didn't want to weld it back into place.

Price? Idk...I just wanted to get a few opinions before I run an auction.

Dan,

If the frame is not useable or included, would a new owner have to find or modify a frame that would not easily allow for the attachment of a butt stock?

It will slide right on an unmodified kahr semi lower. Or a GI lower could be modified of course.

I think the upper and lower were locked together for some reason and getting them apart involved a side grinder..(I've see that before).. and maybe a big hammer.

If you are vigilant you can usually find a used Kahr semi on Gunbroker

for $800-$1000. The gun you have being used and with the fixable damage

it has would go for less... A lot less. If you put it up for auction you will be

at the mercy of the bidders but it would not surprise me if the bidding did not

go over $500 If that. The bad rail really hurts....

Bob