No Firearms Policy at Holiday Inn

Gijive-I would have loved to seen the New Phila PD get involved as the 3 captains for the department are friends of mine. I relayed the story to one of them and he started laughing. Said he wasnt surprised that some liberal cry baby would pull that kind of stunt.

John,

I stand corrected. Maybe it would have been okay, but I still think Jack made the right call under the circumstances. Not knowing the local police, I would have been reluctant to contact them based on what might occur if they weren't up to speed on NFA items.

Just a cursory reading of the NRA list of celebrities turns up a dozen names of deceased people. Some as far back as 2010. Surely there are living anti-gunners in Hollywood and the music industry that could substitute for those who no longer pose a threat to the 2nd Amendment.

But as Democrats they are still entitled to vote...

• Upvote 1

I find it sadly funny that a CC holder is fine, but an unloaded NFA item is not. It sucks and sorry it happened.

CCW is hidden, long gun cases are in plain sight and scare snowflakes especially after Vegas. For the next trip I can see CC expanding his fame into an acclaimed classically trained cellist. Doing so would bring the praise of the snowflakes

Ron

Childish, partisan name-calling aside, this progressive thinks the policy needs to be publicly displayed at the entrance and in the welcome material else it's non-enforceable. Here in VA any business can disallow weapons but it has to be clearly posted.

I did look at my reservation again, there is absolutely nothing in it about no firearms. We stayed there too.

And - nothing posted at the site on the door etc.

The damage is done. They ain't seeing me again.

Just use the side door using your room key? Unless there's no other way to get to your room other than thru the lobby? Nonetheless, I sure am sorry that happened to you and all the fallout. I'm sure I'm possibly inviting more backlash, but regarding the whole incident, in the words of Charlie Parker, "You know, that's just DUMB!"

I was at urgent Care and had to get a shot. The nurse came in. Told me drop my drawers before I cold , I had to remove my carry from inside the waistband. I laid it on the table. She started ranting how the policy was to confiscate the weapon. I told her that wasn't going to happen. So she put a paper towel over it. So she didnt have to look at it.

Childish, partisan name-calling aside, this progressive thinks the policy needs to be publicly displayed at the entrance and in the welcome material else it's non-enforceable. Here in VA any business can disallow weapons but it has to be clearly posted.

If you believe my post is childish and bashing one entire side of the political spectrum you have clearly missed the point. I can care less what someone believes when it comes to politics.

However, if the sight of a gun case makes someone uncomfortable and of the belief that every gun owner is a psychopath it speaks volumes to where society is heading. Furthermore if a desk clerk is creating policies that are not congruent with the corporate policy or their own written policy I have an issue with that. In my book thats called descrimination.

Ron

LSU Tiger, that's quite a list! looks like it takes in most of Hollywood, at least Keanu Reeves isn't on it. I'm also not a big fan of the NRA since I don't see them helping the class 3 community, but I intend to use that list.

Glad you found it helpful. I readily admit, it is out dated, but better than nothing.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn express last month and planned to go shooting with friends. I had some time to plan this trip and decided to bring my MP40 and M2 carbine, both in individual soft cases and then placed both in my old military duffel bag. I usually do the "what if game" and thought why bring attention to my weapons, will just disguise them in my duffel. No one even suspected nor batted an eye at me.

Should I have to do this...No, but I plan for the worse and act accordingly. Not pointing blame to the original poster on this subject, most likely would have done the same, but I had anticipated that could have happened to me at the HI express, based on the vegas shooting and dealing with gun haters.

Agree about not discussing politics, love all legal gun owners, but funny, usually only have issues with the regressive party folks regarding my gun rights.

What's in the cases? Possible smart arse responses.....1) Why it's a portable meth lab. 2) Cocaine and cash, just waiting on the hookers. 3) Film making equipment, plastic sheets, and lots of lubricant... some friends and I are going to have a little party later and you are welcome to stop by the room when you are finished with your shift. 4) Machine guns....no, er um, no machine guns whatsoever, is what I meant to say! 5) (speaking to one of the cases) Look, another nosey person who wants to join the rest of you. Seriously though, when I transport MG's, (including bringing them into my hotel room through the front lobby), I always keep them in a nondescript, inconspicuous case. Plastic golf club bag transport case, suit case, tennis racket bags, duffle bag (usually in the Hello Kitty scheme), camping gear containers, non gun related cardboard box, etc. Except for the lobby of the Gold Vault Inn near Knob Creek. We just walk right through the lobby machine guns in hand :) Edited by Waffen Und Bier

What's in the cases? Possible smart arse responses.....1) Why it's a portable meth lab. 2) Cocaine and cash, just waiting on the hookers. 3) Film making equipment, plastic sheets, and lots of lubricant... some friends and I are going to have a little party later and you are welcome to stop by the room when you are finished with your shift. 4) Machine guns....no, er um, no machine guns whatsoever, is what I meant to say! 5) (speaking to one of the cases) Look, another nosey person who wants to join the rest of you. Seriously though, when I transport MG's, (including bringing them into my hotel room through the front lobby), I always keep them in a nondescript, inconspicuous case. Plastic golf club bag transport case, suit case, tennis racket bags, duffle bag (usually in the Hello Kitty scheme), camping gear containers, non gun related cardboard box, etc. Except for the lobby of the Gold Vault Inn near Knob Creek. We just walk right through the lobby machine guns in hand :)

HA! Brilliant. All great. Goodwill stores are a great source for $5 suitcases, bags, etc. I've hauled gear of all sorts with sturdy cases/bags from there.

NFA Amnesty, good on you too for your plan too. Whatever it takes to just go about your own bidness and hey, shouldn't that desk clerk be checking the perimeter cameras, thwarting ice machine thieves, etc.?

Edited by Ron Mills

I love the Gold Vault! They even have a sign on the front desk saying they have clothes for cleaning guns. I want to sit in the lobby cleaning my M3 and M16 to see what theyd say lol

That policy changed after their towels took such a beating years back they opted for clothes. There is at least one other place that does it as well. I doubt they will let you clean your stuff in the lobby, that's only for clean guns! Dirty stuff back out to the lot until it's nice enough to bring in.

Recommend a letter from the TCA, TATA, and the local TUSCA Gun Club, that they are being removed from your list of recommended places to stay with a CC to the Corporate office could get their attention. Also a letter to the editor of the local paper would be in order. Most likely alot of folks would not stay there anymore.

Vote with your wallet.

Cheers,

Sandman1957

• Upvote 1

I think we all learn about Holiday Inn & what there capably of doing to a law-abiding person who is minding his own business .

They even gave him a hard time giving his money back for the room .

TM