Michigan Thompson Shoot

I mentioned this a couple of months ago... I will be at a club board meeting next week to discuss it and get permission for the event (hopefully).

The range is the Livingston Conservation and Sportsmans Association (LCSA), located in Brighton, MI.

Thompsons only. I cannot sell this to the LCSA Board if they may be thinking anything FA may be there - all the way up to Vulcan guns!

The requested date is May 7, 05. This puts it away from the TCA shoots in April and August. Could serve as a nice warm up for the August TCA shoot!

Safety meeting and range rules discussion in the morning, followed by the shoot.

Course of fire has yet to be finalized, but this is my current idea. I will be using paper targets (50 yd pistol) on the 50 yard pistol range. There are no turning targets here, we will have to listen to air horns.

First course would be (2) 20 round Semi Auto at 50 yards. 30 seconds / round.

Second would be 25 yards FA (2) 20 rounds. 15 seconds / round.

Third would be 10 yards FA (2) 20 rounds. 4 seconds/round.

Lastly, a 10 yard event with a 50 round drum dump is available. Will not count into the aggregate score but be a separate event, as M1's can'n hold drums.

After these events, I am open to other fun types of events. Remember though we cannot leave a mess (and pumpkins are out of season, and hard to score!).

There would be chili /pot luck lunch as targets are scored. Prizes will be based on % of total fees collected. There may be a fee collected for the LCSA range use - don't know yet.

After lunch, the line will be hot for people wishing to shoot what they want (still gotta be thompsons only...).

What I need to know is approximately how many people may be interested in attending... if you could respond here or email me it would help, especially if I could get his data by next Wednesday.

I would also like to know if anyone who has been a RSO at other events could be willing to help out with running the line.

Yeah, I know this looks like a shameless copy of Tracie's format http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif , and it is, because why mess with a good thing?

Thanks for the replies - you can email me at michael.d.wank@"nospam"gm.com (remove the "no spam") or call me at work at 248-685-6577.

Update -

I don't mind anyone coming out to watch, and I encouracge it. I would like it if there were ebough guns available as loaners. My son and my wife will be sharing mine with me, maybe others will have one available to use.

I expected between 10 and 20 shooters. I will wait till next Wednesday to see what kind of commitment we get. That is the Board meeting night.

I remember talking about this a while ago, and I thought there were about 10 - 20 people on this board that lived within an hour or two of here. If so - spread the word! I'd like this event to happen!

-and no this is not Fla - though with 40s for the next few days, it will seem like it to us! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Hey Mike,

Just got back from snowmobiling up at Indian River, went right past Brighton, on the way up and back, off state route 23. Do you live in brighton?

Brighton is about 3 hours north my place, I'm putting your shoot on my calender and will plan on being there.

I could bring a couple extra "Thompsons" to share with our "members only" if they would like. I could bring my 28A1, W.H. M1A1 and I have 3 21's that I yet fire at a range.

Sounds like a lot of fun, keep me posted.

Thanks,

Jim http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Yes, The shoot will be a go. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

But - the only date I was able to get is JUNE 18.

I will have another post in a couple of day with the details.

I have heard that some people are being rejected (since 9/11)when they apply to bring their NFA guns across state lines. Since I have a C&R I don't have any first hand knowledge of this, but I would like to know what has anyone else has experienced lately?

I'm interested in going, I know I need to apply for permission from ATF to take my Tommy (WH 28) over state line, but knowing there Full Auto laws in Mich. do I need anything from Mich. to bring it into there state.

See Ya

Tino

But wouldn't it be ok since Tino and others are only going there for a shoot? They are not moving there. It is only a temporary, week-end, thing. I would submit a 5320.20 and see what you get back.