Is There Any Way To Use Drums In M1?

Was wondering if was ever any type adapter / feed tower that was worth using to use a drum in the M1?

Thanks

John

P.S. Assume the answer is no ... but though I would ask.

Edited by JTinIN

Was not thinking of hacking up the M1 Savage (thus the text http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif.

But like all newby's with questions, understand were one wishes to stop the bad ideas in their tracks (i.e. milling a USGI TSMG counts as a bad idea)

Just doing a spot check on any possible TSMG versions of a Beta Mag ... which I assume one of the welded 50 round mags might be an uggly option also (at least does not hurt the gun and can always hide in the bottom of the range bag is friends stop by the range).

Best statement I have seen was "One one does not own a historical firearm, one is just a caretaker for a few years for their life."

Regards

John

Edited by JTinIN

I think John mentioned in his post title that he wanted to do this without butchering a receiver. This topic has been discussed in the past that lip part of a stick mag could be modified on to a drum. I'm sure these modifications will mean permanent alterations to your drum. This is not a good for the Thompson world, considering these drums are rare and limited. Maybe if the AWB expires, you can do it to a new production. If, if, if are all big ifs.

I'm sure the Thompson technicians among us could respond to the feasibility of making this modification.

Yes, you can modify a Drum to function in an M1 without making any mods to the Firearm. Gunmachines use to do this years ago.. Take the back end off a Stick Mag and weld it to the back of the Drum..Or you may want to construct your own..You will need to modify the Plates as well. Once your finished with that, you will need to tinker with things to make the Drum function as intended..It is possible, and when the AW Ban Sunsets, the Drums will be cheap enough to modify..