Long Horizontal Front Grip

In an earlier posting, the idea of a longer than normal horizontal front grip was discussed to try and make the longer barrel on a semi auto look a little more proportional to a tsmg. So, I made one over the weekend. This one is 2.25 inches longer than a standard M1A1 front grip. The width and height are the same as a WW2 M1A1 grip at each end. Just a little bit of stain and linseed oil to try and match the brownish yellow look of the recent west hurley guns. If the compensator was moved back (as previously discussed) I think it would look pretty good. (This is a standard barrel and compensator).

http://images.andale.com/f2/126/125/4386526/1064562453975_longhorizontal.jpg

Dearslayer,

That works well, in an odd sort of way.

Like a big M1 !

Beautiful work on the stock, boy, I can imagine what you would make during the week!

Cheers, Zamm

Deerslayer,

A million apologies for the spelling of your name in above post!!!

The fingers are quicker then the delete button!!

Zamm

Deerslayer,

I meant to post you as I asked PK Friday about doing this for my 27 in which he moved the comp back. I was hoping to use an old(and quite unserviceable) P14 stock and maybe send it on to you, but after looking it over, i think it won't do. Besides you seem to have done it yourself better.

Perhaps you could drop me a line, I would very much like a grip like you've done for my Thompson?

Todd