Colt 1928 Navy Cased Set

I am assisting a board member with the sale of his Colt 1928 Navy and with David's permission, I am posting the gun here prior to engaging in other sale efforts. it is a nice package and it would be great if it went to a board member.

The cased set includes the following:

1. 1928 Navy Colt Thompson #1753

2. Third Generation New York Drum

3. 4 patent date mags (3 dated August 20, 1 dated August 24 for the first date)

4. 60's or 70 vintage repro police case with key

5. Gordon Herigstad repro long cleaning rod

6. Gordon Herigstad repro metal parts box with repro bore brush and chamber brush

7. Seattle PD shoulder patch

A little about the gun. the upper and lower serial numbers match. The gun has all early features (Auto-Ord Co bullet logo, square actuator slot and early fire control markings). the gun has a later Colt era barrel with a type 2 compensator.

The wood is all correct. The butt stock has the anchor proof and the number on the butt plate matches the number on the stock. The vertical for grip and pistol grip are pristine. the stock has some light handling marks, a few light scratches and a very small ding.

the upper and lower internals are all correct, including the correct early two piece riveted actuator.

The gun came to the Seller form the Seattle Police Department with the assistance of our late friend Gordon. the Seller is the first private owner of the gun. THE DEPARTMENT ELECTRO PENCILED AN INVENTORY NUMBER (7013) ON THE UPPER AND LOWER RECEIVER NEXT TO THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE GUN.

the gun retains nearly all of its original bluing. there is some wear along the actuator slot, the top of the mag well and the end of the compensator.

the price for the package is $41,000 including shipping to your dealer. the gun will transfer by form 3 to your dealer by e-file only.

For additional information or if you have questions, please send me a pm. thank you for your consideration. Help me find a good home for this gun. David Lansky.

5.jpg

9.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

If I didnt have a Navy incoming I would scoop that up!

I paid US$4K more for nothing more than the weapon, but it is in better condition and, in addition to having the correct barrel, has the Cutts type-1 compensator.

Edited by GaryKeim

• 2 weeks later...

Gary, what makes you so sure the barrel is not correct? Please share your concerns. I do not claim to be an expert, but i did examine the barrel closely and compared the barrel to other Navy's and while dissimilar to many, it is identical to two others. I believe there are several versions of Colt barrels, especially when dealing with low number guns that were originally registered as 21A's (as this one was) and then re-barreled when sold to a PD as a 28 Navy. I have noted different shoulder widths, different fin widths and configurations and other differences among the barrels on the low numbered guns.

Dave,

I see nothing wrong with the barrel on the gun you are posting for sale. It is most certainly correct. I'm not sure what Mr. Keim is talking about, either. I agree that there are several variations of original Colt barrels, something that is normally lost on novice Colt Thompson collectors.