Vet's Heritage Firearms Act

Hi Guys, This legislation introduced in USHR with 52 Co-Sponsers. Go to subguns.com NFA forum and scroll down to post by Eric Larsen. Whole Deal posted. Great news for veterans and their families with closet queens. I apologise for not having sense enough to post a link. Mike

The proposal reads, in part, "For purposes of this section, the term `qualifying firearm' means any firearm which was acquired-- (A) before October 31, 1968."

This leaves out most of Vietnam and all later police actions. As such, while a step in the right direction, I feel the proposal is seriously flawed.

A better date in my mind would be a year after we pull out of Iraq or Afganistan, whichever is later.

Edited by SecondAmend

I agree 100% with above post,BUT the way we have been treated by the gubmint for years even before 68 we should be grateful for anything we can get. It will be a first step in the right direction in many yrs. I know first hand that even during the 68 amnesty the ATF tried to screw over people who tried in good faith to comply with the amnesty. I had an Army buddy who attempted to register 42 items that he had accumulated & one Sunday morning as he was drinking coffee he saw armed men running all around his house, to make a long story short they took them all. The ATF evidently did not have a clue that he had researched the amnesty up front & was on the verge of making them look like the gestapo (which they were). They told him that due to the number of weapons that he had that some over zelous agent had panicked .They then apoligized for the raid. It took him forever to get his stuff back. But after all the problems the stuff finally got on the books way after the deadline.