Newbie with a question about West Hurley M1 cracked bolt face

Hello everyone and thank you for letting me join the forum. I am a small shop owner and recently a customer brought in a West Hurley M1 semi auto carbine, that judging by the serial number was made in 1989. Problem is the gun has a cracked bolt face. Guy bought a SMG bolt to replace it but that obviously wont work. I contacted Mr. Block and he graciously advised me on how to go about replacing the bolt and also the other items that should be addressed to make it a reliable shooter. The issue is the customer wanted to repair the gun and then sell it. Frankly I think he might be money ahead just to sell it as is. Other then the bolt issue the gun is in decent shape, he has a boat load of mags with it too. I dunno how to best advise him. Was wondering what you all think? Thanks ahead for any response.

NOS M1A1 bolts are pretty common, and reasonable. You'll want one that is original WWII, and so marked. There are still unmarked WH bolts floating around out there that are badly out of spec.

I have a west hurley that was made in 1975. 27a1 model 3 didget serial number. I had a problem with my extractor , but wasn't sure if it was the bolt. pulled the bolt out of my new m1 and it dropped right in and fired like a champ. turns out all I needed to do was stake the extractor in my original bolt. in the mean time I had ordered a new bolt from khar just in case. I did a modest bit of filing on the firing pin sear as per dan blocks instructions. it dropped right in and runs great. I now have a spare bolt. my point is that the gun with a new bolt would be a better seller and very simple to install. btw how much are you asking for everything? a person cant have too many thompsons.