Paperwork Approved!

a mac???? what the hell is that? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif

it's a savage 1928. i can't own macs in my state. if i could, i would have bought one a couple years ago, along with a vector uzi.

craig--

We're glad you got the Savage. So you can show us pictures and tell lots of shooting stories. Can't wait!

craig101: Congrats on your Thompson. Now that you have it you will fall deeply in love and say things like "The wait was worth it." The only nice thing I can say about the wait is the value goes up about 2% per month, so when it arrives you don't look back and ask yourself "did I pay too much".

the paperwork was mailed May 27 priority mail. the form 4 was approved July 1. my damn dealer checked his mail today!!!!

you know the bitch of it??? i couldn't take the damn thing home with me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his C2 expired July 1, so on June 3 he sent his renewal AND change of address in along with $$$$, as of today no license. no one knows anything about his renewal/change of address. since he is doing a change of address, he can't operate with a canceled check/his old C2. he can't do transfers (aka 4473 or FFL to FFL). ATF says no go.

so the bitch of it is, i have an approved form 4, but i can't take possession of the gun, since the dealer can't do the FFL to FFL C&R transfer.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That's an interesting problem. Let me see if I understand. He can't do transfers on an expired license, but he can hold your class III gun in his safe. I don't understand that logic. Maybe one of our resident Thompson legal guys can give you a recourse. That sure stinks!

not only that, but he has 30 AOW cane guns to register (fax forms in). one office said fax them in and you are ok. everyone else said he can't even do that. so he is not allowed to register those either untilk he gets his new SOT with the updated address.

he asked the NFA if he is in violation of anything and they said he is not.

a wierd situation.

Craig101,

That's very strange. I know nothing and am not the first to admit that I know nothing however, is he not in posession of YOUR registered class III weapon. Something's very odd there. There must be a provision for this kind of administrative FU. Have you called ATF and asked? Also, you might email TMAN on this board and ask him. He's not in opps but I'm sure he can ask down the hall and find out from someone .... ?

Good luck.

I'm sure it'll all work out just fine. I can appreciate the excitement, etc. It's not really FUBAR but close.

TMAN will probably give some good insite.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif If you have a Carring Permit in Indiana and it expires but you have submited for a new one to the State Police and you keep the copy that you fill out at the Sheriffs office gives you (ORIGINAL COPY TO THE STATE POLICE with $15.00), its good as having the original. Now thats on a renewal permit.

You would think there would be a period where the new application and cancelled check was good.

My 2cents.

Joe