C-Drum Raffle Fundraiser for TATA NRA 2019 Display

Dear all,

The American Thompson Association will be hosting a display at this years annual NRA convention in Indianapolis. One of our members graciously donated the attached C-Drum to raffle off as a fundraiser to help cover expenses of building the display.

Only 100 tickets will be sold and the price is $20 per ticket or super special 5 tickets for $100. We will also gladly sell you more than 5 to really increase your odds. Just think, for the price of a good box of ammo, you get a chance to win a 100 round drum, as long as this item is allowed in your state/city.

Contact me via PM and Ill send the details of where to send payment.

6AD4949C-D3B4-466F-820C-455A884EC6F0.jpeg2F77F06A-0EA2-4090-873E-746EAABFBA83.jpeg

Thanks

Ron

• Upvote 1

PM sent. Is this an early numbered drum?

Looking at the photos and the math, I'd say new production. It's a fund raiser and for a very good cause.

Bob D

This is a great auction for a excellent cause. A big thank you to Board member Phil Askew who donated the early Kahr C drum for the raffle. Phil has the best NOS Thompson parts around. See Phil for all your Thompson part needs.

The money raised will be used to fund The American Thompson Association (TATA) collectors display at the NRA Convention in Indianapolis in 2019. The past TATA displays have always been well attended and greatly appreciated by the NRA members. We have some of the biggest crowds at the convention. This venue provides the Thompson community a chance to showcase the positive side of machine gun ownership in America. We have many forum members that are just interested in the Thompson gun but never post. Many that contact me via PM say they are "lurkers" on the Board - and that's OK. This is a great chance for all Board members to provide a little financial support to the Thompson community and have a chance to win a C drum. Suggestion: If you are not already a TATA member, ask for a complimentary copy of a TATA newsletter when you send in your $20 donation for an auction ticket. You may find TATA is an organization you want to be a member of. A one year membership would make an excellent Christmas gift for that Thompson enthusiast that has everything.

Ron and Tracie - thanks for all you do!

• 4 weeks later...

Originally listed as a survivor from the 1920's, quoting the patent date details, but they changed that description, when I pointed out that was not the case.

https://www.dandbmilitaria.com/thompson-100-round-magazine-d3-b

It has been on their website for over a year now, but at that price, I think it will still be available to buy for a while yet.

Stay safe

Richard

Richard,

You have that right. Since it is a modern Kahr drum with finish issues, I would guess no more than USD 400, which would be around 320 Pounds.

They are going to have that for sale for a LONG time at that price.

Roger

Thanks to all that have donated and good luck. Still some tickets available. Ive replied to all PMs. Remember, the more you buy, the better your odds!

Just a note that all funds raised will help to pay for the materials to build our display.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...