E-gunparts Drums

At the same gun show I was at yesterday, the same guy that told me the SG drums won't be coming into country had a Bridgeport drum for $900.00. Little high don't you think? I am considering one of the drums listed at e-gunparts, marked law enforcement only. Are these West Hurly drums? The drum I have is a Westie and runs good.

Well he didn't come right out and say it, but I think he was in some way associated with IMA. He mentioned that he had personally been involved in the cutting up of the the parts kits coming into the country from the Ukraine.

Actually $900 was about an average price before the SG drums were advertised. The SG drums seemed to have a great effect on lowering the market price for drums, just like all of the '28 kits that came in lowered the price on those. Prior to the kits coming in a '28 kit was hard to find.

I hope the SG drums show up, but if they don't, I believe

that drum prices will go back up.

To answer your question a LE only marked drum would almost certainly be an aftermarket drum. WH or Kahr.

Thanks for the reply Frank, but being a bit of a novice, I guess what I'm trying to figure out is this. Are the West Hurley drums of better quality than the current Kahr drums? Also, how can you tell the difference between the two?

The LE drums are WH. Mine was tight in the rails out of the box and I could slide it on ok but had to force if off. WIth a little working it has loosened up and runs. With the "for law enformenct only" markings it is another variant every drum collector must have, like those 10 round drums.

railroader,

I recently purchased a West Hurley LE drum. The last time I took it out, it failed to feed only once. Not bad, one round out of 50.

Like I said in a previous post, all of the negative comments about Kahr products made me go back to e-gunparts (West Hurley).

I have a West Hurley drum that I bought in 1994 and it runs perfectly.

Personally, for the price, I'll stick with West Hurley.

Dave

QUOTE (railroader @ Feb 12 2006, 09:38 AM)
Well he didn't come right out and say it, but I think he was in some way associated with IMA. He mentioned that he had personally been involved in the cutting up of the the parts kits coming into the country from the Ukraine.

Don't they have to be cut up before they hit the USofA? Or can you import fully functional guns...

A lot of guns come in the country complete,..only to be cut up when they come out of customs quarantine..I saw alot of complete uncut post samples at the `Creek...I held a beautiful ppsh 41 priced at $125.00 post sample...brand new..and was told that a bunch more were in customs..waitng for disposition..Demo letters,chopping block,etc....our tax dollars at work... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif

Railroader,

As for the drum question, the understanding I have is all LEO drums are WH production prior to the AO sale to Kahr in '99. (Don't start on me AF, I'm just trying to put it in a time context!) With the Clinton high-cap ban all remaining WH were either marked or produced as LEO. The one I purchased from e-gunparts for $275 was new in box and identical to the WH I got prior to the ban's expiration. It is marked LEO/EXPORT just below the rotor shaft on the back of the case. It does seem to be of sturdier construction than the Kahr and runs just fine.

In the photo from left to right is WH "C", WH LEO, WH pre-ban, Kahr. I don't regret the purchase price for the WH LEO, hope this helped.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/187264/b2c042f6.jpg

Motorcar

Thanks for your response on the West Hurley drums. I think you answered my question. If the LE I ordered from e-gun parts runs as well

as the West Hurley I have, I'll be happy. Of course, I won't really be happy until I have one of those 100 rounders. Thanks again.

Railroader

I'm not up on my imports stuff but from what I've read Phil is on track. If the guns want to leave the bonded warehouse, then they must destroy the receiver (and maybe now the barrels).

PhilOhio

Thanks for the info. You pretty much answered my question regarding the West Hurley drums. Granted, I would prefer an orginal WWII drum, but for now I'll settle for another West Hurley. Thanks.