Gates Or Trump?into Thompson's Now>

just think of it,a bounty of $50,000 on each one,or maybe $100,000..and they could buy up every transferable out there.think its not possible,

i don't know too many who would turn down checks for that amount for one...............so say you had ten or twenty,and the man stopped by and said bill wants these here's a "kool"3 mill.................

or the"donald" desires these instead of another building...he wants thompson's............

{ a little side tale} knew a well to do fella in chicago circa 1992...........said he had a few bucks with to play thompson's..........

and to buy some,

i figured okay i will look{shop} for you........how much we talking,he opens up the checkbook,and i see a balance of thirteen million......{his personal acct.}and he says not much........how's about a million to start............at that time he could have bought over 200 of the best colts on the planet...........

another buddy steered him to art.>thank GOD!!!!!

he now owns a building in chicago worth 110 million,a 8 million personal jet.and other toys...........{he has done well}and owns a 5,000 acre spread,with a nice house on it.in brrr!cold wisconsin.............

his income today is in excess of 20 million a year...........and know's the "donald'who once asked this lowly insurance exec.to play a game of stick {pool}yeah sure i am that stupid.................

so this guy could even do it today, let alone a trump or a gates.............we should be thankfull they never get involved..................wink!!

take care ron /colt21a

I knew a couple of doctors in Nebraska, where I grew up, that had Class 3 weapons, purely as an investment. They never shot them. They just sat on the guns and watched the prices go up. I believe they sold them off; first the one did, then the other thought he'd better too. What they got for them, I dunno. I wonder if that still goes on in the good ol' USA. I'd imagine so.

Yeah, let's keep Thompsons away from Gates and Trump anyway!

ron i sold some thompsons to some major players,but it was the working guy..........

{yeah i know the rich work also!!!ya-da ya-da!!!]

who appreciated it more,the history,the workmanship,the tale's..........and the hours they spent working to buy the first one..............i did not buy and sell over 125 thompsons in those years not working............

alot of these guns have turned hands two and three time's...........it always changes,

when they see a buck>now with the price's it's gone>like any thing worth more.....................

so lets enjoy it while we still can...........

do i regret selling the "collection"sure do!!!

but to kick back when i did at age 45..........thats life.

because you never know what you have left on the clock........hopefully a long time.......

and writing this with a cup of coffee,and listening to chicago wnua .95 jazz......and gordon's book on the desk,

all is well with my world..........take care,ron

There is an interesting court case going on involing Richard Ellis, an investor and Colt collector and a fellow arms collector and seller. It is about some collector in the South, who paid three and a half or so million for four old Colts. Two of these were once owned by Ranger Walker himself before he was killed. They are 1847 Walker Colts that sold for over a million each. Richard Ellis was a respectable collector before greed overtook him. He has turned states evidence against his partner in exchange for a deal. Case should be coming up anytime.

How many 1921 Thompsons would four million buy? Some of these Colt collectors have deep pockets. The 3 1/2 to 4 million was just a small part of the mans collection. What if He turned to collecting Thompsons? Cause of court action came about when Richard Ellis had his partner write the collector informing him that the guns were going up and they were a good investment and that if he didnt act, someone else would. I beleive the charge is based on price fixing. A felonly conviction seems certian.

On the subject of Thompsons, A fellow Colt collector at a gun show affered me a fine hand made Cuban Cigar and as I was about to light it, He told me to read the label on it. It read Manuel Noregio. I ask him how he had come into progression of it? He said his son had been one of the first into Noregios office when the U.S. captured him and that he took the whole box of his personal cigars with him as he left the office. He then told me that his son looked at a wall rack of like new Thompson Machine Guns alone one entire wall and handled some of them as he tried to think of a way to slip some out with him. He said his son watched as other soilders were ordered to throw them into a pile on the floor before hauling them out the door in a wheel barrow to where he never found out. Guess Noregio was a collector too.

QUOTE (Texas Man @ Jan 18 2004, 04:45 PM)
There is an interesting court case going on involing Richard Ellis, an investor and Colt collector and a fellow arms collector and seller. It is about some collector in the South, who paid three and a half or so million for four old Colts. Two of these were once owned by Ranger Walker himself before he was killed. They are 1847 Walker Colts that sold for over a million each. Richard Ellis was a respectable collector before greed overtook him. He has turned states evidence against his partner in exchange for a deal. Case should be coming up anytime.

How many 1921 Thompsons would four million buy?  Some of these Colt collectors have deep pockets. The 3 1/2 to 4 million was just a small part of the mans collection. What if He turned to collecting Thompsons? Cause of court action came about when Richard Ellis had his partner write the collector informing him that the guns were going up and they were a good investment and that if he didnt act, someone else would. I beleive the charge is based on price fixing. A felonly conviction seems certian.

On the subject of Thompsons, A fellow Colt collector at a gun show affered me a fine hand made Cuban Cigar and as I was about to light it, He told me to read the label on it. It read Manuel Noregio. I ask him how he had come into progression of it? He said his son had been one of the first into Noregios office when the U.S. captured him and that he took the whole box of his personal cigars with him  as he left the office. He then told me that his son looked at a wall rack of like new Thompson Machine Guns alone one entire wall and handled some of them as he tried to think of a way to slip some out with him. He said his son watched as other soilders were ordered to throw them into a pile on the floor before hauling them out the door in a wheel barrow to where he never found  out. Guess Noregio was a collector too.

texas man> good story, sorry to hear about rich ellis, wonder if he ever had any dealing with jack crain,the jim bowie knife guy??? i just got that pic of saddam with a m1a1...but my thompson elvis pic is much better.......

i am sure a few tommygun collectors have both...........

1847 walker pistol big buck's and rare...and greed sets in..................thats always the story..........

take care,ron/colt21a

mike i am the t-rex of the puter world,the pic is in the current copy at barn's $noble..the iraq war pics,all color,and the elvis one was about circa 1960's of elvis with a 1928......in black and white,

take care,ron

P.S.at one time i had a very large collection of thompson pics,posters,lobby cards,manual's....sold some to tracie, jerry, guys in pa. ca.il.tx.ma.ar.all over the planet for that matter.only kept a few now,

but i made alot of other collectors happy..........