Beretta 38a on Morphys brought 31,000 in November auction

Grease Gunner

https://auctions.morphyauctions.com/_N__HIGHLY_DESIRABLE_WORLD_WAR_2_ITALIAN_BERETTA_M-LOT486257.aspx

Cant keep up with current pricing anymore but These are few and far between

Very Cool - great shooting guns

pJOxny.jpg

Edited by Grease Gunner

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?94550-Beretta-38A-Amnesty-Registered-NICE!-17-000

In case you cannot access it:

(BTW not mine, don't know the seller or the gun.)

This gun is NICE! Original Beretta 38A. It was picked up on the battlefield in 1945 and smuggled back. The GI gave it to his 8 year old nephew. The nephew, in his 30's, registered it during the '68 amnesty. It is unmolested, never refinished, and has matching serial numbers including the stock. It has a beautiful patina. I am firm on price at 17K. I will pay first tax out ONLY if it is leaving Florida. Florida buyers may come inspect it in person if they desire.

John Thedford
239-200-5600

Good luck with John and the Beretta at that price. Not a snowball's chance it will be sold for $17k. No doubt he has been offered a lot more since he posted that ad and he will hold out for the highest bidder. John is an acquaintance of mine from many years ago when he first arrived on the MG scene at KC and he had a very interesting MG with him on which he had a very high price and was looking for more. It was a WWI German Parabellum aircraft gun, missing the lock, that he valued at that time for about twice what it was worth. I recently had that same gun in the shop from the friend of mine who bought it at auction and paid a worthy price for it but it needed quite a bit of work to straighten it out, literally. I talked with John about that gun and he was not at all happy with the auction price.
I doubt this Beretta will be sold on the usual internet market if the offers aren't a lot higher. The gun will probably go to auction.

The recent auction hammer price has ruined the market for Berettas for a while. FWIW

Edited by Black River Militaria CII

Good luck with John and the Beretta at that price. Not a snowball's chance it will be sold for $17k. No doubt he has been offered a lot more since he posted that ad and he will hold out for the highest bidder. John is an acquaintance of mine from many years ago when he first arrived on the MG scene at KC and he had a very interesting MG with him on which he had a very high price and was looking for more. It was a WWI German Parabellum aircraft gun, missing the lock, that he valued at that time for about twice what it was worth. I recently had that same gun in the shop from the friend of mine who bought it at auction and paid a worthy price for it but it needed quite a bit of work to straighten it out, literally. I talked with John about that gun and he was not at all happy with the auction price.

I doubt this Beretta will be sold on the usual internet market if the offers aren't a lot higher. The gun will probably go to auction.

The recent auction hammer price has ruined the market for Berettas for a while. FWIW

Bob,

Very good insight and understanding of today's market. I offered John $22K cash all up front and he turned it down. He sent me a text saying that the gun will be auctioned off at Morphy's.

This gun was on his website for 1.5 years at $18,500 with no buyers. I had inquired about it multiple times, but he wouldnt budge on price. When I saw it at $17,000 I had agreed to pay full price. I was told he was deciding whether to keep it or sell his whole collection. No mention of morphys

4 years ago there was one on sturm for $12,500 that was refinished/mismatched. It took 6 months to sell. Morphys gets $25,000 for west hurleys. If you want stupid money Morphys is the only place to get it.

Edited by huggytree