New made MG08 Lock Springs

They do exist, but I want to gauge expectations on the market. There is no realistic way to test these for reliability for the tens of thousands of rounds that you get out of a new original spring, so what would be considered acceptable for a new spring? Direct drop in, will work with original locks and firing pins.

I may have a narrow view here of value. I mean, if someone offered me a NOS original spring for $200 I wouldn't be able to get my cash out fast enough. If I were offered a used original spring that would only be good for 5k rounds I'd be happy to pay $100.

If a new spring were available for around $75, but its life span was only 10K rounds would people be interested? The crux here is offering something that there is no real way to test so I'm thinking about the concept under promising and over delivering.

Fellow from South Africa was selling new springs at the recent Show of Shows. His partner is a friend of mine and he said the springs were excellent, based on all he has helped me with in the past I am more than willing to take his word for it. If I remember correctly the price was $150 but I will check on that to be sure.

Fellow from South Africa was selling new springs at the recent Show of Shows. His partner is a friend of mine and he said the springs were excellent, based on all he has helped me with in the past I am more than willing to take his word for it. If I remember correctly the price was $150 but I will check on that to be sure.

Is your friend selling these stateside anywhere other than Show of Shows?

Is your friend selling these stateside anywhere other than Show of Shows?

Not that I am aware of.

I have that contact and have been working to obtain a quantity of those springs to sell.

Problem is that they are slow to produce.

We have some samples on hand for testing.

Richard

Cool. I have samples from a different source as well. Good to see these are being made available from numerous sources finally!

Edited by bigbore

• 2 months later...

Found one on gunbroker made in South Africa but fully priced at $200. Maybe Apex will come up with something?

Ours will be $75, but we're waiting for heat treat to get opened back up to get them finished.

Found one on gunbroker made in South Africa but fully priced at $200. Maybe Apex will come up with something?

Last I spoke to the maker of these springs, he is working with another US importer to get MOVED from South Africa (along with his entire inventory/business).

I usually visit with him at Knob Creek and when he is in this area staying with family.

However, the world "stopped" and so most everything is on hold everywhere.

Not many places can make "V" springs anymore!

Richard

Ours will be $75, but we're waiting for heat treat to get opened back up to get them finished.

Very good, at that price I will have to buy at least 3, need to stock up while they are available. I have had my gun for 25 years and these parts seem to come and go, sometimes not available when you need them the most. Thanks

• 9 months later...

Are these ready yet?

Are these ready yet?

No. The heat treat place that did the first batch went out of business with the covid restrictions. We attempted to heat treat ourselves and they didnt hold up past 1000rds... Need to find a new place to heat treat, and unfortunately these spring have fallen down our priority list.