New video of my M3A1

Yes, I started this journey with the standard Saving Private Ryan collection and now I feel like expanding out to German examples. Really I’m looking for examples of the most influential small arms from the WWII and later era, though as you know I have a m1918 BAR and don’t really desire an A2. Also recently acquired a very nice 1928 Navy from a respected board member, because of it’s importance, not so much the gangster angle... though that’s also cool.

The H&K’s are important to me due to their descending from the Stg. 45.

Ultimately I need them all!

Thanks.

I appreciate your commentary. I have an M16A1 and MP-40 in jail. Im trying to decide on my next acquisition, between the following choices:

- M3A1

- MP-44

- H&K FA sear (have multiple FA-ready hosts; HK-33, G3, MP-5)

I own those three, and the decision is easy based on what you want.

For shooting

Sear

M3a1

Mp44

For collecting

Mp44

M3a1

Sear

I agree and its collecting then/and shooting.

BTW, saw a video of you 44 and it is beautiful. Did you ever figure out the failure-to-feed problem they were having?

Edited by GaryKeim

Just hit or miss. Will run 2-3 mags well, then jam up on the next. They are shitty guns honestly. Lol. I own it for what it is and because I got it for cheap.

I agree and its collecting then/and shooting.

BTW, saw a video of you 44 and it is beautiful. Did you ever figure out the failure-to-feed problem they were having?

Hum... worlds colliding. I want a working piece of history and now you’ve got me stymied. If I can’t get one that works, I’ll change direction and go for the M3A1... those work, right? If not, then the HK sear.

Nice video Mike. The first time I saw a Grease Gun in action in the early 1980s I thought it sure had a slow rate of fire. It might be interesting to see a semi-auto AR-15 in action and compare the rate of fire at the same time (one person shooting the Grease Gun and another person shooting the AR-15 side-by-side), with the shooter pulling the trigger on the semi-auto AR-15 as fast as he can. Or maybe my Beretta 1301 Tactical shotgun (same amount of ammo to level the playing field), which has a super fast single rate of fire: www.beretta.com/en-us/1301-tactical/

Robert

Hum... worlds colliding. I want a working piece of history and now you’ve got me stymied. If I can’t get one that works, I’ll change direction and go for the M3A1... those work, right? If not, then the HK sear.

I would not be discouraged over one problematic gun. The majority work fine. HK's can have their issues as well just like anything else mechanical. I had an MP44 with a hole in the chamber, plugged with a bolt and recut. When fired the case had thread marks on it and the gun ran fine and shockingly, extracted fine. Of course that got fixed, but I still have that barrel here somewhere.

As far as finish, 95% of what I've seen has not been refinished, but are original even though some parts are phosphated and some blued late in the war. HTH

Thanks for that encouragement but I actually went with the MP-43 that Ruben has/had and that Bob reactivated. The Grease Gun will have to wait a while... of course, I’ve said that before, even quite recently. Yes, I’ve got a problem.